New Email notification but when opened none found?Support

Last Updated:

1. AlphaDomingo

AlphaDomingo Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else getting a new email notification in the top bar but when you open it there aren't any new ones? I was guessing that it sees emails not yet opened but that's only a guess. Anyone out there gettting the same issue or know of a workaround? I tried to look in the setting to only notify when a new email is received but I didn't see that option. Thanks! :(

Advertisement
  2. WarBird87

WarBird87 Well-Known Member

it happened once to me, but when i double checked it the email was there lol

3. AlphaDomingo

AlphaDomingo Member This Topic's Starter

Well I tried looking and the same new email was at the top. From the lack of replies I wonder if it's just me. I'll try to reload the email info into the app to see if that does anything.

4. SUPERGALAXYS

SUPERGALAXYS Well-Known Member

I actually have a new voicemail notification that won't come off..did it as soon as I started the phone out the box .. no voicemails in my box either but won't come off. I'm sure a factory reset will clear it but I already have the phone setup and don't feel like doing iit over ..

5. dbgrigg189

dbgrigg189 Well-Known Member

Super, Are you using google voice for your VM? If so, disable it, and then go into the actual Tmo VM and clear it from there, I had the same problem on my MT3G.

6. SUPERGALAXYS

Actually I use youmail but ill check and see what its setup as..I've always ran youmail on my android phones so I know its not just a youmail issue..

7. SUPERGALAXYS

Just checked its not on google voice..its on My carrier. The voicemail notification shows youmails number too.. and I have no messages on there.. it was as soon as I put the sim in and started the phone..I had a voicemail and it just never came off..

8. dbgrigg189

dbgrigg189 Well-Known Member

You might need to turn off youmail and let it clear the notification. Just a suggestion. Kinda similar to what happened to me it sounds like.