New Epic - Lagging/freezing issue - please helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. Oshi74

Oshi74 Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my Epic 2 days ago and I'm noticing a huge issue and I'm not really finding any help by googling it.

The issue:

Pretty much any time I use an app that accesses the SD card there's a 50/50 chance it lags out my phone and/or freezes it completely prompting me to have to pull the battery. Sometimes it does it while I'm not even using it, I pick it up and it's frozen. I can only assume that an app ran in the background to access the SD card.

Apps that have caused this:

media hub (downloading a tv show)
    amazon mp3 (downloading a song)
    asphalt 5 demo (downloading content)
    mounted to computer (transferring a movie)
    -and-
    random times when using or not using the phone.

The most common denominator though is adding files/content to the sd card.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

hard reset it . . if problem occurs again take it to a repair center for a swap

3. Oshi74

Was actually hard resetting it when I made the original post. It hasn't locked up yet, but we'll see how it goes.

If it does happen again I may swap out the sd card. Here's to hoping it's the card and not the phone.

4. Oshi74

Looks like it was the SD card. I took it to a sprint repair center and they couldn't tell if it was the card or the phone (without sending it off) so they just replaced the card and said they'd replace the phone if it kept happening. After 5 hours and some heavy sd card use/testing it hasn't locked up or lagged a single time.

Happy day.