New Epic- not sure ..

Last Updated:

1. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Coming from over 8 years of Blackberry history .. looking forward to getting back to big wide keyboard like I use to have on the sidekick many years ago.

My wife has the Evo and son has the hero. I'm loving Android and was waiting for this.

First impressions and concerns.

* buttons on bottom disappear and sometimes I have to click them twice. sometimes annoying.
    * charger on the top.. Really? did they demo this before they made that decision? It's also in my way while trying to type with slide open.
    * native email client.. 30 minute auto sync.. 30 minutes??? my wife's windows me 5 years ago offered 5 minutes pop refreshes.
    * my employer has exchange, but I can't seem to connect to it with activesync. i was able to connect to it by just entering the email/pw and it hooked up with pop. But as mention 30 minutes refreshes and no calendars , contacts or apparent directory smarts. Question, to connect to the exchange server with activesync will I need enterprise email service? really?? hope not.
    * The slide keyboard is awesome, but it feels like it's always sliding when I grab the phone. I use the phone for a lot of typing and email so really needed it - guess small price to pay.
    * No voice command typing in some apps when keyboard is out. guess it makes sense.. but it was just one button.

Can somebody recommend a 3rd party email client that will give me combined gmail and exchange email (especially if I can't do active sync). Maybe something that will give me combined calendars too would be awesome. Something with a 5 minute refresh on both would be really nice too.

It's just day 1.. and mostly I'm still in shock. Not saying I don't like.. I'm sure there will be no way back if I can get my two worlds synced on this thing.

Many Thanks in advance.

Advertisement