New Epic user with questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Muley05

Muley05 Member This Topic's Starter

This is a great forum and I have discovered a lot about my phone just by reading older threads, but I do still have a few questions:

-I came from a BlackBerry, and used the profile notifications. I had it set up so that I had different ringers for calls, texts, emails etc at work than I did at home. Also, when I went to bed, all notifications were silent except for calls. Is there a way to do this with my Epic?

-On my Berry, I used an app called BerryBuzz that would change the LED color based on the type of message I had (blue for email, white for text, green for Facebook, etc) and the light would remain on, flashing between colors, until the messages were checked. Is there anything similar for the Epic?

-I downloaded Launcher Pro this morning, and am still getting it configured. I did seem to lose my ESPN shortcut. How can I get that back?

-I have two Gmail accounts. One is used heavily daily, and the other is more of a secondary account. How can I get both accounts on my phone? I would prefer to do this is a way where inboxes do not have to be combined. I also have a work email account via Exchange that I already have set up on the phone as well.

I'm sure I will have more questions but this will get me set for now. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement
  2. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

You can us an app called Timeriffic for changing the notification settings (other settings as well) based on time of day and day of the week. It's free, check the link
    Timeriffic - Android app on AppBrain

Muley05 likes this.
  3. Muley05

Muley05 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a bunch, as Timeriffic seems to be what I needed to replicate my old profile notifiers.

4. yogi2000

yogi2000 Well-Known Member

As for the Gmail accounts, one thing you could do is log into your main account thru the Gmail app, and then set up your secondary Gmail account in the regular email app.

5. yogi2000

yogi2000 Well-Known Member

Oh, and for the ESPN shortcut, I lost mine too, but you can go to ESPN mobile thru the browser and bookmark the page. Then you view your bookmarks and tap and hold the ESPN one, and choose the option to 'add shortcut to Home' ... what's cool is you can do this with any bookmarked webpage- I have shortcuts to Hotmail and Yahoo and it works great :)

6. jmichaelsk

jmichaelsk Active Member

For your email problem go to the stock email app and set up all you account in there. then go to the gmail app and disable notifications. Now you will have one email app that will show each of your email accounts seperatly or you can go to the combined inbox that just lists them all on one screen. This just changes the view not combine the accounts.