New ERIS owner. Have questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just picked up an ERIS yesterday. I'm coming from a BB Storm. If you could please answer these questions (or tell me if there is an app for it) I will be very appreciative.

1- How do I make all the fonts larger. Inlcuding the default system font for menus, SMS, calendar, etc.

2- How do I set the color of the LED for different notifications. I use to have Blue for e-mail, green for SMS and red for calls.

3- How do I set the notifications to repeat periodically. I've always used 2 mins.

4a- In the favorites screen how can I have just a list of individuals. It wants to use a photo and I do not use these. The space for the photo is just wasted.

4b- In the favorites screen how can I set up the same individual for multiple items. For instance: John - Mobile and John - SMS.

4c- If some one is familiar with Quicklaunch for the BB then I really need something like that. If this exists the 4b is not relevant.

5- Is there an app that will make the keyboard letters larger.

6- Can I speed up the accelerometer. It is woefully slow.

7- How do I delete a downloaded app that I no longer want. (I already uninstalled) but it still shows up as downloaded.

I'm sure I'll have more. But for now, thanks.

Advertisement
  2. danmil05

danmil05 Well-Known Member

welcome, i'm also new so i can only answer your last question. go to the market app, go down to "my downloads" it should have all the apps you've downloaded. open the app you want to delete and press uninstall.

3. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member

Welcome,

That's a lot of questions. Many of the things you want to change can be done by pressing menu at the home screen or while a certain app is open. Play around with the phone. I enjoy doing this with new devices; I find it helps me get familier with the thing.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Welcome to the forum.

1 - To my knowledge there is no way to make the font bigger in those areas.

2 - There may be an app in the market to change the color of the LED for notifications, but I don't know of one off the top of my head. You can search Androlib.com for one.

3 - I don't know that there is a way to set this, maybe an app can do it.

4 - The people widget uses your favorites and those are set by you. It is designed to be a quick and uses peoples faces so that you don't have to read the names. I don't believe there is a way to set up one person under multiple favorites unless you set them up as another contact. I also don't know of any app like quicklaunch available for Android. Most of the times that is what widgets are for.

5 - I don't know if it will make the letters larger, but you could try Better Keyboard which is available in the market. I know it is skinable, but I do not know if there is anything close to the storm's keyboard in size.

6 - There is an app called Spare Parts that will let you adjust some of the features of the phone. People have talked about it speeding up the accelerometer.

7 - I will assume that you uninstalled via the market. It may still show up there, but unless it says installed next to it it is gone.

5. hattrick

hattrick Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of any way to change the LED color. I've tried doing it through Handcent and it doesn't respond :(

6. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

Handcent SMS allows you to change the font size, choose led color and set reminders (including how many and intervals). The mail program let you change the font size.

7. Melissa31

Melissa31 Well-Known Member

for the LED Color on Handcent it says you can and lets u choose a color BUT to my knowledge it does NOT work , unless of course there is a setting in defaults that I am to disable first?! idk

8. moutaindewdope

moutaindewdope Well-Known Member

Launcher Dock may be the = of the BB app ur talking about in 4c.

Its a widget for ur home screen that lets u put 8 Shortcuts on it, as well as have as many docks, with diff names and colors as ur Homescreen can allow

Ive never used a BB, but if its what the name Suggests, Launcher dock will work.

I've put Contacts on the Dock Before. U can even customize the docks with Icon packs. really nice app.

9. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Luancher Dock doesn't work on my phone.

10. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

3. i think handcent sms has settings for that ... but those settings will only apply for sms

2. there are a few apps on the market for this.. i have tried them all including the setting on handcent but the eris doesnt support all the colors that other android phones do. i dont know if there is some software that doesnt allow it or if the LED just plain doesnt work on all those colors but regardless it olnt has 2 colors .. red amber and green.

11. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

Answers are in bold.