New Eris owner needs helpGeneral

Last Updated:

1. kwhite4

kwhite4 New Member This Topic's Starter

The wife and I upgraded our phones to a Eris and all seems good except a couple of issues I cant quite get a hold of.
    We both downloaded some ringtones from Mabilo ringtones and assighned them to contacts, well her ringtones work fine but mine will not ring. Basically when she calls me it doesent ring the ringtone I saved to her, it rings the default tone instead and I also saved a pic of her to her contact info so it would come up when she calls and it doesnt work either.
    When I go to favs her pic is there and it will call her when pressed.
    Hope I dont sound too stupid but this thing has me wanting to throw it out the window...

any help would be great

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Nunley

Nunley Well-Known Member

I've noticed that sometimes the changes made to profiles take a moment to catch. My advice would be to remove and add the pictures and ringtones, turn off the phone and restart it.
    Also the Eris comes with a great feature in the native music player. You really don't need to add 3rd party applications to add ringtones.
    1.Load you song of choice onto the SD card.
    2.Open the music player.
    3.Go to the song you want as a ringer.
    4. Click the menu button. There is a set as ringtone button.
    5. Set as Ringtone comes with 3 options;
    Phone Ringtone
    Contact Ringtone
    Trim Ringtone- This option has sliders to cut the song in the exact spot you want! Very nice option isn't it?

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Do you have the area code saved under her phone number? Thats the first thing I would check.

4. Charlie81

Charlie81 Well-Known Member

Or next you call save the "unknow" number to your contacts and just merge it with your correct contact.

I mean have her call and save that number, from the call log window. And should give you an option to merge it with another contact.