New eris user, some questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. boayou

boayou Member This Topic's Starter

1. Is there any way to change the title on the lockscreen where it says "Verizon Wireless"

2. On the "Favorites" for contacts I set the default for them to call them, but is there anyway to click on them and text instead of call?

3. I got ringtones on my sd card, and can set them for incoming calls, but how do I set them for texts/notifications

4. Where do I turn off the tiny vibrates on every button I click?

5. How do I turn off these ".bookmark_thumb1" pictures from being taken and put onto my sd card?

Advertisement
  2. karib

karib Well-Known Member

1) I don't know of a way to change that
    2)If you set the favorite to their contact card, then you could open the contact card and then select whether you want to call or text.
    3)for sms ringtones, go into the app you use for sms, ie: handcent,chomp, stock message app and then go into the apps settings to set the notification ringtone.
    4)the vibration is set under... menu>settings>locale and text>touch input>text input>uncheck vibrate when typing. I use swype and that is how I did it, not sure if it is different with the stock keyboard. Should be similar though.

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

1. No. You can change the lockscreen altogether by dl a 3rd party lock screen application like lockbot and lock 2.0.

2. Yes you have to click on the grey box that contains their name. it brings up all options available for that contact. Call, email, sms, etc..

3. many different ways you can do this. I dl a program called ringdroid that lets you trim mp3s saved on ur sd card and set them as either ringtones or notification sounds. or you can create an new folder on your sd card and name it notifications. Copy and paste any sounds you have saved as ringtones into the notifications folder.

4. I have 2.1 on my eris so this might be different for you. Go to language and keyboard>touch input then deselect vibrate when typing. I can't find the setting in 2.1 but I was sure you could keep the phone from vibrating when dialing on the dialer. Now all I can find is turning off the sound.

4. boayou

I'm using handcent and at Notification settings>notification sound, only shows me stock ringtones, won't let me see my custom ringtones.

Made a Notifications folder in my SD card and it changes my incoming calls ringtone

5. boayou

everything figured out so far except #5 :)