New Eve owner, couple questions

Last Updated:

1. Nismo

Nismo Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys, just got my eve couple days ago, this is my first smart phone, so far i love it, i was kinda skeptical at first from all the returns and evreything, but maybe i got a lucky one. of course the one thing that is kind of annoying are the super sensitive keys. couple questions for you guys

is there a way to have your virtual keyboard on, with the stupid IME off?

how do i turn my automatic phone lock off? have it so it just locks when i press the lock button, not everytime my screen timesout.

i dont like how there is no percentege on the battery on the status bar, iv tried a couple widgets, but havent found anything i like yet, any suggestions?

how do i save test messages? are you guys using the text ap that comes on the phone? or is that handcent ap the way to go?

i also have the task killer, its awesome. but some of the aps are on there and i havent even opened them? myspace and telenav seem to be the most popular, i dont even use these aps, i know i cant uninstall them, but can i disable them or somthing?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. largecharge

largecharge Well-Known Member

this my first smart phone too so a big upgrade for me. i'm happy with mine too. now in answer to some of your issues:

phone lock should be in your settings there. just map around.

i use 'battery indicator' from the market. i think you will like it.

as for task killer, you have to keep going back in to close them. i know a bit annoying. i use advanced task killer myself.

britbloke is suppose to be posting a thread soon so you can root/uninstall apps your not using.looking forward to that ! i don't use moxier crap & telenav & some other bloatware.

hope this helps ;)

3. Nismo

Thanks,

i also use the advanced taskiller, for the keyboard i just downloaded the better keyboard, i also tried the swype one, activate one of those over the IME soft keyboard and it works great

for the battery i used better cut to create a shortcut to the battery status in spare parts, i like it.

iv seen the root over at zacspad, but i think its a little over my head, altho it would defiantly be nice to get rid of the bloatware

4. largecharge

largecharge Well-Known Member

swype one ? where is that on the market?
    created shortcut to the battery status in spare parts?
    how did you do that ?

5. Nismo

its called "Swype" not sure if its on the market yet, im in canada so i cant get paid apps, so i got it else where...

download the spare parts app(free) pretty useful, then i used "bettercut" to create a shortcut to the battery status, im sure the free version "anycut" will do that same. doesnt take up and resources, unlike a widget, and tells you other info on the battery.