New Every 2: Camping or Order Online?

Last Updated:

1. mkibrick

mkibrick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm wondering what people with a New Every Two upgrade are planning to do on November 6. Are you going to camp out for the phone? Do you trust they will have enough stock (as the Twitter feed has suggested) and you will just go into VZW at some point? Are you planning to order it online? When do you expect to have the phone? Friday, Saturday, Monday, a week later?

I'm trying to decide what to do. I'm really averse to camping, but I really want this phone on the first day.

Advertisement
  2. maderhatter

maderhatter Well-Known Member

I would like to just order it online myself, but the way my account is set up, I think I am gonna have to call to order or go to the store. I pefer not to have to wait on a mail rebate. I think I will just stop by the store and see what they say about giving me the online price there since its there website that is hindering my online order! But if you dont mind having to front the extra 100 till yer rebate rolls in, having it the first day would be nice!

3. mattparmely

mattparmely Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to camp or get there way early, either way I think im going to verizon. It's actually kind of fun if you have buddies or someone to go with. I have done this a few times for the Xbox, and some games. But I need to change my plan to a smartphone plan first so I think I have to go to VZW.

4. maderhatter

I have the data package added onto a family plan which is what is making me have to go to the store. I'm hoping they will just give me the instant rebate there for the inconvenience.

5. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

they won't be able to

6. maderhatter

Well, aint that a B*#+H! Do you know if they will do the order over the phone? :confused:

7. CatsTide

yeah you should be able to order one at midnight ...i'm guessing monday delivery at best

8. gthrift

gthrift Guest

I have a question and hopefully someone can help me. I have a 3 line family plan, 2 lines (including mine) are not signed up for new every two somehow, and one is. I know you can use the other lines new every two upgrade but my question comes down to who's contract is renewed?

Line 1 - Has New Every 2 upgrade, contract is up
    Line 2 - No NE2, contract ends in January
    Line 3 - My line, no NE2, no contract

Can I use Line 1's upgrade on Line 3 without extending Line 1's contract?

9. CatsTide

no...that is the trade off of getting lower pricing...signing a new contract.

10. gthrift

gthrift Guest

Would it extend Line 1's or Line 3's contract. I'm splitting my line off at the end of the year so I don't care if mine will be extended since I'll be getting the Droid at the 2 year price without the upgrade anyways.

11. CatsTide

it would extend line 1's contract but if line 3 isn't under contract you could get one on it and sign a 2 yr contract on it

12. maderhatter

Thanks CatsTide! This is my plan then. I've been working nights for 3 months straight now, so I'll be up! lol

Gthrift, my contract is month to month now too, It sucks to be tied down again, but I'd hate to drop 600 bones on a phone!:eek:

13. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I think you guys have pretty much answered my question, but I also have a family plan w/ 5 lines. I'm the main account holder and I am eligible for an upgrade. I was told that my other lines won't be able to until May, for whatever reason.

I want to buy 2 Droids. I also want to buy 2 docking stations, and at least one navigation station. And this would be the first smartphones on my plan, that's an additional $60 a month.

What chance do I have of avoiding the full $599 price tag on the second one? Is there any case I can make? I've had several issues w/ my current phone (currently on 4th in one year), and it has been discontinued, so does any of this help me out?

14. maderhatter

I would just go to the store and pitch it just like that. Couldnt hurt, and if they dont carry the phone anymore that you are having problems with, maybe they would move up your NE2 for that line as long as you re-up your contract on that line. Its a long shot, but weirder stuff has happened. I have read about people getting it done when they had a phone that was having to be constantly replaced. Good luck! I'm still on my 5th email to verizon to try to get them to move up the NE2 on my secondary line by a month and a half so I can by 2 Droids! And I know they have already been doing it for people alot farther out than that!

15. zachd

zachd Well-Known Member

I will be camping. I intend on getting there several hours before the store opens to assure I will have a phone. I called my local store today and he confirmed they will in fact have them in stock on the release date. He said to call on Tuesday and they will have a confirmed number of phones they will be selling.

16. mkibrick

mkibrick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Zachd I was planning on calling up to three in my area on Monday. I live in Irvine, CA so there are tons of stores. The problem is I live near a couple Universities so I worry rich students of the OC are going to be snagging phones.