• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Every 2: Camping or Order Online?

So I'm wondering what people with a New Every Two upgrade are planning to do on November 6. Are you going to camp out for the phone? Do you trust they will have enough stock (as the Twitter feed has suggested) and you will just go into VZW at some point? Are you planning to order it online? When do you expect to have the phone? Friday, Saturday, Monday, a week later?

I'm trying to decide what to do. I'm really averse to camping, but I really want this phone on the first day.

I would like to just order it online myself, but the way my account is set up, I think I am gonna have to call to order or go to the store. I pefer not to have to wait on a mail rebate. I think I will just stop by the store and see what they say about giving me the online price there since its there website that is hindering my online order! But if you dont mind having to front the extra 100 till yer rebate rolls in, having it the first day would be nice!

Upvote 0
I have a question and hopefully someone can help me. I have a 3 line family plan, 2 lines (including mine) are not signed up for new every two somehow, and one is. I know you can use the other lines new every two upgrade but my question comes down to who's contract is renewed?

Line 1 - Has New Every 2 upgrade, contract is up
Line 2 - No NE2, contract ends in January
Line 3 - My line, no NE2, no contract

Can I use Line 1's upgrade on Line 3 without extending Line 1's contract?

Upvote 0
I have a question and hopefully someone can help me. I have a 3 line family plan, 2 lines (including mine) are not signed up for new every two somehow, and one is. I know you can use the other lines new every two upgrade but my question comes down to who's contract is renewed?

Line 1 - Has New Every 2 upgrade, contract is up
Line 2 - No NE2, contract ends in January
Line 3 - My line, no NE2, no contract

Can I use Line 1's upgrade on Line 3 without extending Line 1's contract?
no...that is the trade off of getting lower pricing...signing a new contract.

Upvote 0
Would it extend Line 1's or Line 3's contract. I'm splitting my line off at the end of the year so I don't care if mine will be extended since I'll be getting the Droid at the 2 year price without the upgrade anyways.
it would extend line 1's contract but if line 3 isn't under contract you could get one on it and sign a 2 yr contract on it

Upvote 0
I think you guys have pretty much answered my question, but I also have a family plan w/ 5 lines. I'm the main account holder and I am eligible for an upgrade. I was told that my other lines won't be able to until May, for whatever reason.

I want to buy 2 Droids. I also want to buy 2 docking stations, and at least one navigation station. And this would be the first smartphones on my plan, that's an additional $60 a month.

What chance do I have of avoiding the full $599 price tag on the second one? Is there any case I can make? I've had several issues w/ my current phone (currently on 4th in one year), and it has been discontinued, so does any of this help me out?

Upvote 0
I would just go to the store and pitch it just like that. Couldnt hurt, and if they dont carry the phone anymore that you are having problems with, maybe they would move up your NE2 for that line as long as you re-up your contract on that line. Its a long shot, but weirder stuff has happened. I have read about people getting it done when they had a phone that was having to be constantly replaced. Good luck! I'm still on my 5th email to verizon to try to get them to move up the NE2 on my secondary line by a month and a half so I can by 2 Droids! And I know they have already been doing it for people alot farther out than that!

Upvote 0
I will be camping. I intend on getting there several hours before the store opens to assure I will have a phone. I called my local store today and he confirmed they will in fact have them in stock on the release date. He said to call on Tuesday and they will have a confirmed number of phones they will be selling.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones