New Every Two through Google

Last Updated:

1. tangerineftw

tangerineftw New Member This Topic's Starter

Since this phone will be sold through Google and not Verizon, does New Every Two still apply?

Advertisement
  2. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

Talking with a VZW rep on another forum awhile back, they said since they don't sell it NE2 won't apply & from his understanding they don't honor upgrades either. He said going through Google will be like using wirefly or letstalk, the only ones who get a subsidized phone are new lines/customers and they'd have to keep service for 6 months or face an ETF. That dropped my potential new phones down to the Incredible or the Droid, before that the only thing holding me back from the N1 was the trackball and screen issues.

3. tangerineftw

tangerineftw New Member This Topic's Starter

Ah... dang. I guess I'll wait and see how much it costs without NE2. The Incredible looks nice, but I'm not a big fan of the Sense UI. Thanks for the answer :)

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

this doesn't make sense. Tmobile customer get the N1 subsidized for upgrades as well. Why wouldn't verizon?

5. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

Actually heard it from 2 VZW reps and they are usually not ones to steer you wrong. But different carriers often handle things differently with the same phone.

6. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

No, its only through verizon.

7. vandyblackandgold

vandyblackandgold Well-Known Member

subsidized/contract prices and ne2 are different for those who are misunderstanding these terms...

as the n1 did with t-mobile, the phone was available for 179.99 with two year contract...this is subsidized or contract pricing and is available for anyone who is eligible for an upgrade or new customers...as with vzw, current customers must fulfill 20 out of 24 months of their current contract to be eligible to upgrade...

the ne2 is an additional discount for the primary line of the account and is only available by buying a phone through verizon.

8. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

That's not exactly true, Best Buy honors NE2, I was just in there yesterday asking about the Incredible, they said it was not problem.

vandyblackandgold likes this.
  9. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Yup, they did that when I bought my Glyde a few years ago. I would have bought the insurance plan from them, too but they don't cover loss. (I know myself too well.)

10. vandyblackandgold

vandyblackandgold Well-Known Member

good to know. i stand corrected!

11. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

You can disable sense ui.