New EVO 10/2, text msg problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. SPrestonian

SPrestonian New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought a new EVO yesterday, and the CSR transferred the old txt msgs as well as contacts from my Lotus to the EVO.

This morning at ~7AM the EVO started re-sending 'all' the old texts, at least 3 weeks worth. I was playing with the phone at the time, and thought that it might have been operator error, but it just started doing it again on Sun ~7PM.

An info msg pops up to the effect that 'you sure are sending a lot of SMS msgs all at once, do you want to continue?', but it's per message.

Any idea how / why this started, and how to stop it?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Try a battery pull.

SPrestonian likes this.
  3. SPrestonian

Thx, sitlet. Are you suggesting the battery pull to simply stop the msgs when/if it starts again, or as a 'cure'?

I did turn off the phone several times and let it sit for 20-30 min. All was OK until ~12 hrs later when it started sending the txts again.

4. unwallflower

unwallflower Well-Known Member

I'd try a battery pull as a "cure"... if that doesn't work I'd do a hard reset.

Goodness, Android seems to have quite a few annoying text message bugs.

SPrestonian likes this.
  5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The rep shouldnt have transferred your texts to begin with. Going from a non android phone to an android phone can cause problems like that. If that doesnt work, I would just suggest deleting all the texts and start from scratch.

SPrestonian likes this.
  6. SPrestonian

@sitlet, he asked if I wanted them transferred and I said 'yes'. Thought it was a good idea at the time...

@unwallflower - I ended up deleting all the msgs this AM when it started again.