New EVO owner, have questions...Support

Last Updated:

1. jcwalker

jcwalker New Member This Topic's Starter

I literally just got an HTC EVO and I'm about as dumb as they come when it comes to phones. But I do have a question:

1.) Can I use the HTC EVO to produce wifi internet access on my iTouch?

2.) Can I take the files that I download from iTunes and put it onto my HTC EVO? If so, how?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for being such a idiot.:D

Advertisement
  2. trader914

trader914 Well-Known Member

Yes you can. Easiest way is to pay for it via Sprint ($30/month). Free but more difficult way is to root your phone (jailbreaking) and allow the phone to be used as a WiFi hotspot. You can also do the USB tethering (search for this on this site)

What do you mean "files"? You mean music files? movies? podcasts?

3. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

Any music that you bought off iTunes recently should play on the Evo no problem. Protected files from a few years back might have issues.

4. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

He probably means music or movies. I don't mess with video much on the Evo, but the music from iTunes might not work on Evo, as I'm sure it's some oddball format (it's been awhile since I bought from them, so I'm not sure).

FYI, once you use the internet on your Evo you probably won't need to use it on your iPod Touch very often, as browsing on Evo is the shit.

5. trader914

trader914 Well-Known Member

If you are talking about music from iTune store, unless it is in MP3 format (not sure about WMA), it won't play on EVO. I own iPod and iPhone and in order to play music files, I have to convert my MP3 files into an "apple" format - whatever that is. I have never been able to put the MP3 files directly into my iPhone or iPod...they always have to be converted into some apple format via iTune. So if the music you downloaded from iTune store is in that "apple" format, it will not play in your EVO.

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member