New EVO Owners: Please Report Your Build Quality

Last Updated:

1. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

It would be very helpful if those of you just getting a new or replacement EVO would report the status of your build quality. At a minimum please state the date received and general build quality along with any other details you find important. It would definitely help those of us waiting to buy or replace their EVO's as well as be able to track any modifications HTC is making to the assembly process.

Thanks everyone...

2. tech411

tech411 Active Member

Build quality on mine is good. My front facing camera does not work (have done hard reset) I am on waiting list to get replacement from Best Buy.
  3. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Google IO Evo here. Zero physical issues. Hardware Version 0002.
  4. stevieo526

stevieo526 Active Member

Got mine on Wed 6/9/10 and the only issue I've noticed is the bottom of the screen is a little raised from the chassis. No light leakage and very little movement. HW version is 0002. Everything else seems flawless.
  5. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

I just got my new replacement phone yesterday, hardware version 3.
    The overall build quality just seems better. The screen is so much brighter, the whites are not washed out. The back cover even seems to fit better, no light leakage, the screen is below the bezel.
    I have not used it a whole lot yet though, cause it's not activated yet. Waiting on word from HTC if they want my old phone or not.
  6. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

Received my EVO on 6/5. No issues with mine (except for minor battery problems that have since been taken care of). No hardware flaws (such as the glass seperation). Hardware Version = 0003
  7. CPR

CPR Well-Known Member

Light leakage, raised screen. Otherwise, perfect.

Hardware Version: 0002
  8. photostu

photostu Active Member

light leakage
    glass at lower left is above bezel ever so slightly, can press back below bezel
    wifi signal reception is horrible

nice to see there are HW003s out there, will hopefully exchange for one of those.
  9. swatpup102

swatpup102 Well-Known Member

HW002. Only problem so far is a single dead pixel. Not enough to worry about yet, i'll replace it down the road maybe.
  10. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

So we can send back to HTC under warranty for the raised screen issue after out Sprint 30 days is up, right?

I'm still debating on if I should exchange mine now or just wait until later in the year.
    I have the sprint warranty, but I don't think I'd have to use it for this issue.
  11. farva

farva Well-Known Member

Where would I check the hardware version?
  12. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member

For someone who doesn't have insurance I hope we can exchange our phones after 30 days. ..due to light leakage or I might just wait till near the end of 30 days.. HD version 002

Sent from my baby using Tapatalk
  13. Joppie

Joppie Well-Known Member

For those with HW003s, where did you pick them up? I've got a bit of light leakage and the grounding issue. I'm sure as hell not leaving Sprint or the EVOs in general, but I would like the peace of mind of one that doesn't have those (or any other) issues. I've got chargers out the wazoo, so battery issues don't affect me. :D
  14. RaiseUp151z

Home screen

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  15. Joppie

Joppie Well-Known Member

Settings/About Phone/Hardware Information ---> Hardware Version
  16. RaiseUp151z

i would like to know as well did you guys get it from bb or Rs

Sent from Evolcious
  17. akkidy

akkidy Well-Known Member

Mine is HW003, bought from Sprint Store, slight light leakage visible only in the dark, right bottom glass raised tiny bit at level of bezel, right side back battery cover fit not perfect but not so bad either.
  18. RaiseUp151z

LOL damn looks like HW003 is a dud also. I have HW002 the only problem is with light leakage ...& nothing else. I might be just better off keeping this right now.
  19. Stormin

Stormin Well-Known Member

Mine is an 002 and have no issues other than the head phone jack didn't work for a couple of days but seems to be working now. Maybe a loose wire or solder joint.
  20. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

0003 bought from best buy 6/14. the only problem i see with mines is light from under the home keys nothing really major, kinda looks like its supposed to be lke that..i dont know, might wait til the end of my 30 and just return anyways.
  21. kathrynhr

kathrynhr Well-Known Member

0002. No problems at all.
  22. Well-Known Member

0003 from Sprint Store. Older battery (silver showing). No light leakage, slight raise in bottom left, tinny speakers, random garble/noise when ending a call from speaker, grounding issue on top right half of screen.

All else is fine. :rolleyes:
  23. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member

Hardware Version 0002.

Zero issues so far. No light leakage, no raised screen, no crashing, no tin sounding audio etc. Everythings rock solid and the battery life is GREAT after rooting with Fresh Rom .02 and all.

Kinda sad rooting and Fresh Rom .02 was needed to make the battery work right though.

HTC's engineers must really suck at optimizing there own shit. Epic fail HTC!

Thank god for hackers right! :D
  24. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

0002 from BB. no issues at all. got it launch day
  25. Softgel97

Softgel97 Member

Version 0003 bought from BB on 6/04. I have light leakage, blown earpiece speaker, glass is coming up from the bottom, and the top LED light on the back is out.