New Evo Purchase--Froyo 2.2 Installed at Factory

Last Updated: 2010-08-29 00:21:40
  1. kegacide

kegacide Well-Known Member

It shipped with 2.2

I remember seeing someone asking when the new units would be shipping with Froyo and mine did... im pumped!

im guessing this will be moved/merged but I couldn't find the appropriate thread to place this information in...

Advertisement
    Shawn0413 likes this.
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

If it was factory-installed, that's good news. It means you're getting a new shipment batch, which hopefully won't have any of the hardware issues the original batches had.
  3. kegacide

yeah, i just actually called a radio shack here, they said they had one, picked it up and was going to update, and saw it was already running 2.2... lets hope this phone doesn't have screen/charging issues
  4. way2success

way2success Well-Known Member

What hardware version is it? Menu > Setting > About Phone > Hardware Information
  5. kegacide

software, android version 2.2
    baseband 2.15.00.07.28
  6. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Forgive me for anticipating a response to your hardware version being 0003:

The previous "hardware" issues the Evo suffered, such as the screen separation, mushy power button, and loose charge port, are manufacturing problems, not hardware problems. These issues were likely addressed at the assembly plant early on, but only after the public received the bad batch. I'm sure there are still unsold units somewhere out there, but if you have a factory-installed 2.2, that eliminates the possibility that your phone was part of the bad batch, since the bad batch was factory installed with 2.1.
  7. way2success

way2success Well-Known Member

I was just curious if 0004 are out yet. Enjoy your EVO :)
  8. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

I'm hoping my replacement ships with 2.1 so I can root before installing 2.2 like I should've done the first time.
  9. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

I added #3 from Best Buy last night and it came out of the box with 2.2 also. I was hoping for 2.1 but all good. We'll get root on 2.2 eventually.
  10. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Or reps at the stores just automatically did the OTA upon arrival. My buddy at BB says they do it all the time so they dont have returns or questions on how to do it and not have a customer screw it up.
  11. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

mine wasn't activated even when it left the store. The only way they loaded 2.2 is if they did it via the RUU. I doubt it, the Best Buy idiots couldn't figure out how to port a number from Verizon.
  12. kegacide

mine wasn't activated either (still isn't)
  13. neutron

neutron Well-Known Member

How long did you have to wait to get yours?
  14. kegacide

i put myself on the waiting list at one radio shack but i didn't even get it from there... just constantly calling and I heard some shipments went out to certain best buys, though they told me they were holding for wait listed people... so either way made another round of calling Radio Shacks, one had it, i went there right away and now have an Evo!
  15. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

So now theres slim chance of finding a 2.1 evo... FML
    Lol i wish i didnt update.
  16. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

I hear ya. I have a refurb being delivered today and if it doesn't have 2.1, I'll probably keep what I have considering my slow internet issue seems to be fixed now. My awake time and up time are still equal, but battery life is not horrendous so I'd rather have my launch day phone than a refurb somebody [probably] returned due to some major issues.

I can't believe I didn't root when I had 2.1. I can NEVER leave anything alone, I don't know why I started now!
  17. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

No joke. I have a 003 version with ZERO cosmetic/screen problems, and i really wish i could trade it out for a 2.1 cuz of the OS problems im having now but im afraid of getting more issues with a refurb or some other malfunctioning one. My buddy is on his thrid one because of blown speakers, lines in the lcd screen, etc.
    I found no advantage to rooting for my type of use.. But then the day after i updated to 2.2 (because i thought using chrome to phone would be cool) i ended up buying a macbook.. and I really wish i could root for the free hotspot.
    Hopefully for us they will find a rooting method for 2.2 soon..theres gotta be a way somehow.
  18. gotthelife4u

gotthelife4u Member

Got mine today and it had 2.2 out of the box and it's hardware version 003. Upon inspection I cannot detect any light leakage or dust under the screen so I am hoping I am in the clear.
  19. Drew95376

Drew95376 Well-Known Member

Congrats, how did you get it?
  20. Chaco

Chaco Well-Known Member

my co worker got an evo yesterday and it came pre loaded with 2.2
  21. supsandroid

supsandroid Member

I just picked up my evo today. I just called a couple stores and they said they had some so i went down to pick it up :) And I just checked and its 0003 with 2.2 preloaded. I thoroughly went over the phone and i have ZERO light leakage! so far so good!
  22. manny84

manny84 Well-Known Member

Got my new EVO today from Ausurion and it had 2.2 pre-installed.
  23. gotthelife4u

gotthelife4u Member

Radio Shack here in San Jose. I got really lucky. I called them on Tuesday and go on their list. When I called they had 25 people. I got a call today to come and pick it up. The manager said he got 5 in and only five people picked up the call. That Radio Shack does not leave messages when you are on the list.
  24. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I think its pretty ridiculous that these phones have been so scarce. This is 2010, not 1975! In this day and age there should not be such a shortage...can't blame the screen either HTC because after all, its an LCD.
  25. chill145

chill145 Well-Known Member

i'm in the same boat. after ordering the white one from best buy on thursday when it was available, i was like i don't want white but at least it's available. yesterday get a call from sprint saying they got one, so call best buy and cancel that then go to sprint and finally got it

i love this phone, love the feel and everything about it. but mine also came with 2.2 pre-installed but had to import my old numbers manually as it was already past close and didn't want the guy to be there any longer but this phone is great so far.

anybody know if they'll let you look at the epic on the 31st before you buy it. i have it preordered and still want to look at it and see how it compares before buying it or returning the evo (which is going be pretty hard)