new facebook upgrade? still sucks...

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by skunkd, Aug 4, 2010.

1. skunkd

skunkd Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    lame update if you ask me. they just moved some stuff around... really? wheres chat? and video upload?

Advertisement

2. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Well, Facebook sucks, so it is a logical progression that the Facebook app sucks....:D

Oh, yeah, forgot to add...imo.

3. IgnatiusTheKing

IgnatiusTheKing Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Creative print & web designer
    das Fort
    Did they update the ability to see the entire News Feed (and not just the so-called "Top News")?

4. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Washington, DC
    i dont understand why they wont just add chat

5. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Systems Analyst/Network Admin
    S. Carolina
    Ditto. I'm still waiting on them to add actual post notifications vs messages, pokes, etc. My wife's BB FB app notifies her when there's any notification period (even if someone replies to someone else's post that she's replied to). I was using the SMS notifications from FB site, but since the 2.2 update this hasn't been working. I can't get a confirmation code any longer when i msg "f" to 32665 when trying to reconfigure the mobile settings.

6. wwsvs

wwsvs Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Director/Editor Strickland Video Services
    Apopka, FL
    Yeah, chat is the big issue with me too.. and you can't use it in the main EVO browser either.

7. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Belgium
    I barely ever use FB but I just used the app 2 days ago and then again today and I like the update better. Like the little slide-up bar with your notifications. Can't say anything in-depth about this tho.. I'll leave that to you social networkers :p

8. SwiftFox

SwiftFox Active Member

Aug 1, 2010
    N.Ireland UK
    Has anyone tried the contact sync in facebook 1.3 ? and if so how does it compare to using Sense for facebook?

9. Dustintendo

Dustintendo Member

Mar 19, 2010
    my ig problem is that it still takes you to an external site when clicking notifications. Oh but now it takes you to the full desktop site instead of m.facebook.com