New files not spotted until phone restartsSupport

Last Updated:

1. hedge

hedge New Member This Topic's Starter

hi,

I have connected my 2.1 desire up to my xp machine and mounted the drive fine.
    i created a folder "ringtones" within the "media" folder and placed mp3 files within it.
    the only problem being, it only notices the files when the phone has been rebooted. Is this normal?
    thanks

Advertisement
  2. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

My phone scans the SD card after I disconnect the USB cable. The last folders I added to SD were placed at the top level, not inside an existing folder, and the phone found them right away.

Not sure the exact solution to your problem, but maybe the phone does a more thorough scan of the SD card after a reboot, which allows it to find the folders-within-folders?

3. hashmat

hashmat Well-Known Member

Or use an app called SDRescan ......so after adding files run the app and all is there without reboot:)

4. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

5. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

SD rescan is for up to 2.1. Don't know if it is the best way, but I've got 2.2, so if I've downloaded say some icons and I need the SD card rescanned so the icons can be found (and I'm not at a computer) I unmount the SD card in settings then re mount it. This makes the phone perform a scan of the card and any new folders or downloads are picked up.