• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New firmware for t-mobile LG STYLO H63110L

It's still 5.1.1 and is only a fix to Wifi Calling.
A feature that I don't use.
It seems that 6.0 might be a little too heavy for our phones... I am enjoying a full day of heavy usage on 5.1.1 rooted... Don't really see a point of upgrading to MM yet.
Android Marshmallow, whenever it arrives, should fare better on T-Mobile/MetroPCS's version of the phone with double the RAM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wonder if LG removed Doze we already know very well that they removed the use external sd card as internal storage feature.

Well, I was going to tell you that "Doze" is in there because I could have sworn I saw the "Don't Optimize" option by app somewhere. But I thought I'd better check before I said anything. So I googled how to turn Doze off and got:

http://www.greenbot.com/article/299...for-specific-apps-in-android-marshmallow.html

If you try to do that on the Stylo (at least on Boost version), you will not find an "options" menu much less a "Battery Optimization". So I guess chalk that up to yet another feature added to Android that some moron somewhere decided to rob us of for some inexplicable reason. Think about how ridiculous that is - why would someone not want you to be able to save on battery life? With all this over-the-top control of ones device they must be talking with Apple and being infected with Apple school of thought. :mad:

Reactions: Joe Morrison
Upvote 0
Well, I was going to tell you that "Doze" is in there because I could have sworn I saw the "Don't Optimize" option by app somewhere. But I thought I'd better check before I said anything. So I googled how to turn Doze off and got:

http://www.greenbot.com/article/299...for-specific-apps-in-android-marshmallow.html

If you try to do that on the Stylo (at least on Boost version), you will not find an "options" menu much less a "Battery Optimization". So I guess chalk that up to yet another feature added to Android that some moron somewhere decided to rob us of for some inexplicable reason. Think about how ridiculous that is - why would someone not want you to be able to save on battery life? With all this over-the-top control of ones device they must be talking with Apple and being infected with Apple school of thought. :mad:
But LG's own built in battery manager is still there right? Let's hope once we get MM @GameTheory works his modding magic and gives us a full customizable version of the real MM!

Upvote 0
I don't even know what that is so I can't answer that.
2d460a2e0b175d0fc33b273c2fa51a2f.jpg

b58510a766a05996fdd0d96be3721289.jpg

It's in LP Settings Battery & Power Saving

Upvote 0
I think it's stupid that they would take out doze, didn't Google make that off limits? Modifying Doze?
But who is more powerful and egotistical Google or Mainstream manufactures who will do what they want no matter what? Without LG, Samsung or HTC Android/Google wouldn't be selling quite as well or nearly as popular, so yes it's another good case of abuse of power. All 3 of them never listen to Google's requests and do whatever they want with android and release it like that as is.

Upvote 0
For battery saving, I enable the airplane mode and turn on WiFi (and bluetooth as needed). WiFi calling takes care of all the calls and texts, bluetooth takes care of streaming music - battery lasts me whole 2 days and then some. But again, I am rooted with none of t-mo's/google crap :)

So this method pretty useful? Didn't know text will go through with airplane and wifi on. You sure?

Reactions: tc15
Upvote 0
So this method pretty useful? Didn't know text will go through with airplane and wifi on. You sure?

Yep. I use the built in Messenger for SMS and MMS while on wifi all the time. If you use something else (Google Messenger, other sms apps) - SMS will go through as long as you select "wifi-calling" in settings of it.. I had no luck with MMS with other apps. So I just use the built-in messenger for everything :)

Upvote 0
Yep. I use the built in Messenger for SMS and MMS while on wifi all the time. If you use something else (Google Messenger, other sms apps) - SMS will go through as long as you select "wifi-calling" in settings of it.. I had no luck with MMS with other apps. So I just use the built-in messenger for everything :)

Thanks for the heads up. Will try it out. This will go great with 'tasker.' Already got phone to the point where it barely dies while not in use. You said MMS text may not work with other SMS apps. But do the notifications come through atleast? I can always just click download.

Upvote 0
anyway, i have tied to download the zip, but i cannot. so, i will tell you how i updated: download lg bridge.exe program. while that was downloading- i returned my phone to unrooted state using --return to stock and bootstack h631v10j, as it was when you first bought it. hooked up my phone to pc and ran the program. when it was finished i used lg one click and re-rooted my phone. re-installing twrp with flashify. vwalla......updated and rooted. still 5.1.1 but way faster response.improved wifi conection and camera is superb!! Hope to find 6.0 update soon.....software is ready though. link for lg bridge:http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000025-1438110404543-preinstall-apps .............get air drive from market.

Reactions: Steve1997
Upvote 0
anyway, i have tied to download the zip, but i cannot. so, i will tell you how i updated: download lg bridge.exe program. while that was downloading- i returned my phone to unrooted state using --return to stock and bootstack h631v10j, as it was when you first bought it. hooked up my phone to pc and ran the program. when it was finished i used lg one click and re-rooted my phone. re-installing twrp with flashify. vwalla......updated and rooted. still 5.1.1 but way faster response.improved wifi conection and camera is superb!! Hope to find 6.0 update soon.....software is ready though. link for lg bridge:http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000025-1438110404543-preinstall-apps .............get air drive from market.

So, did you just download the new firmware via lg bridge and then used one-click to root? Just wanna make sure that one-click works on this new L version...

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones