• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new firmware from samsung new pc studio

Any ideas? Does the studio work for you guys on H7?

The PC studio only ever worked with the FF version :(
I have an idea on how it might be fixed.. i'll let you know if i have any luck!

I have I7500XXIFF
can that be upgraded??? And to what version?

Yes of course! See below for new info.

Of course you can upgrade, depending on the country you live in (bought the phone from), you can either upgrade to G8 or H7. Just give it a try with the software that came with your phone.

You can upgrade and downgrade as you like, there's no restrictions. The only consideration is that there is a CSC file available for your region in case you ever need to return it to your operator for replacement. Samsung won't care, so if you plane to use a samsung waranty it doesnt matter.

I receive this errors with Odin:
<1> e - dll cannot open the usb serial port. code: 5
<1> Delete Comm3engine
<2> e - dll cannot open the usb serial port. code: 5
<2> Delete Comm3engine
does anybody know how to fic this? I'm using Windows 7 x64

It sounds like a driver problem to me. You put your phone in download mode right?

Upvote 0
Ok so i have a feeling that this H7 method isnt flashing every image like it should be (cache and kernel). I think you should update to H2 and then to H7. Your settings shouldnt acutally be preserved using odin as it overwrites everything and doesnt actually 'uprade' in place.

I think that's why you guys are not seeing a speed up.

The best thing to do is probably to make new CSC images for H7. I'll try and do that later today.

Upvote 0
Ok so i have a feeling that this H7 method isnt flashing every image like it should be (cache and kernel). I think you should update to H2 and then to H7. Your settings shouldnt acutally be preserved using odin as it overwrites everything and doesnt actually 'uprade' in place.

I think that's why you guys are not seeing a speed up.

The best thing to do is probably to make new CSC images for H7. I'll try and do that later today.

The easiest way to properly flash is with the NPC software.

What you do is, you start the "NPSMitsBinaryUpgrade.exe" file manually (from the NPC install dir). (I think NPC has to be open while you do this, I know mine was open)

I was lucky as it downloaded the correct Update for me (I had an Italian ROM on my system at the time, so I guess it thought I had an Italian version of the phone).

What you do is you let it download the .tar file, and before you continue with the next step, you replace the tar file (use windows search to find it, should be in Documents and Settings\application settings\Samsung\New PC Studio\LinuxMitsBU\6\*some long serial number*\*.tar) with the Update one:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (password: aglar).

And then you continue with the Update.

Of course if the file it downloaded already is the Update (like it was in my case), there's no need to swap the file.

Upvote 0
The easiest way to properly flash is with the NPC software.

What you do is, you start the "NPSMitsBinaryUpgrade.exe" file manually (from the NPC install dir). (I think NPC has to be open while you do this, I know mine was open)

I was lucky as it downloaded the correct Update for me (I had an Italian ROM on my system at the time, so I guess it thought I had an Italian version of the phone).

What you do is you let it download the .tar file, and before you continue with the next step, you replace the tar file (use windows search to find it, should be in Documents and Settings\application settings\Samsung\New PC Studio\LinuxMitsBU\6\*some long serial number*\*.tar) with the Update one:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (password: aglar).

And then you continue with the Update.

Of course if the file it downloaded already is the Update (like it was in my case), there's no need to swap the file.

I tried this but it didnt work. It just kept saying can't be upgraded, reboot sand try again.

Upvote 0
I tried this but it didnt work. It just kept saying can't be upgraded, reboot sand try again.

I had that at first too.

I then rebooted the PC and phone, and made sure Debugging (and Mass Storage) was off on my phone.

When my PC finished booting I connected the phone, started the NPC Suite software, but didn't touch it, I then opened the aforementioned exe and it worked.

Upvote 0
Is there any way to stick it into a .zip file that's accepted by the various modded Recovery images? (so that you can update by sending an update.zip to the sdcard, and then start in recovery mode)

Yeah i could make one of those too if you want.

Anyway.. Here's the files for odin. There's BOOTLOADER, PHONE and PDA.

I've also included the CSC for ITV (italy). If you're not italian and going to just use english, don't use the CSC file. Otherwise your splash screen will change to a (ugly) samsung Mob!le one, and some of your widgets will have italian names - as will some text in android.

I've also packed odin in there so its just one download for everyone. Those who used the old method should probably reflash with these files. Interestingly this time google Market remembered ALL my previously installed apps.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UMVWTYWE

Upvote 0
I upgraded using the odin software as I said above, but now I have no mobile network.

I checked the APN settings and they were there and selected but I couldn't get a mobile network connection. So I reset the APN and tried to add a new APN, but I can't.

Everytime I tap on Add APN it just goes back to the previous settings screen. Help!

Upvote 0
I upgraded using the odin software as I said above, but now I have no mobile network.

I checked the APN settings and they were there and selected but I couldn't get a mobile network connection. So I reset the APN and tried to add a new APN, but I can't.

Everytime I tap on Add APN it just goes back to the previous settings screen. Help!

Sorry my bad :p Update again using the files above (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service). It should pick up your APN settings by itself if its a european operator.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yeah sorry i should have mentioned you will loose everything :p

If you go into market and go to 'my downloads' all the apps you installed before should be listed. That saves some time at least :)

If anyone updated using odin and DIDNT loose all their files then it didnt actually update properly - my bad sorry!

Upvote 0
That's cool kam187, better to have the latest firmware and a smoother running phone. The camera flash timing and improved touchscreen response alone were worth it.

I just signed in to google and got all my data back and the market has a list of my downloaded and purchased apps, so real easy to get back to where I was. Thanks.

Upvote 0
how can i create a CSC file for my region?

don't want to flash without it...

The CSC file is a set of customisation commands that run after the main install. I havnt really looked at if you could use an older firmware CSC file with a new one - it would really depend on what was in it.

In any case, they don't customise much. You can flash to generic H7, and return to your own region's G6 with the files further up in the thread, then use NPS to update to your own regions H7 when its released.

I guess the question is why do want the CSC for your region?

Upvote 0
After upgrading, I discovered that I can't see protected apps in the market anymore, both free and paid apps. This has been raised in another topic, but now I can't re-install a paid app I had before the upgrade. Anyone know a way around this?

Yeah this is really anoying! I wonder what would happen if we used the VIAG6 CSC (german one) with the H7 firmware. In fact what the hell I'll try it for you! It'll answer Shayko 's question too.

EDIT: Ok it works fine, but theres still the problem with the market apps. So its the firmware build that its reporting that's the problem i guess

Upvote 0
Well here's the build.prop from my H7 Samsung:

cat build.prop
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=CUPCAKE
ro.build.display.id=CUPCAKE.77
ro.build.version.incremental=77
ro.build.version.sdk=3
ro.build.version.release=1.5
ro.build.date=Thu Aug 20 01:35:26 KST 2009
ro.build.date.utc=1250699726
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=hudson
ro.build.host=andy
ro.build.tags=ota-rel-keys,test-keys
ro.product.model=Galaxy
ro.product.brand=Samsung
ro.product.name=GT-I7500
ro.product.device=GT-I7500
ro.product.board=GT-I7500
ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=GB
ro.board.platform=
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=GT-I7500
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=GT-I7500-user 1.5 CUPCAKE 77 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Samsung/GT-I7500/GT-I7500/GT-I7500:1.5/CUPCAKE/77:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys
# Samsung Specific Properties
ro.build.PDA=I7500XXIH7
ro.build.Phone=I7500XXIH7
ro.build.HW=REV 0.1
ro.build.RFCallDate=2009.02.25
ro.build.FTAswver=I7500.008
ro.build.FTAhwver=REV 1.2
ro.build.hidden_ver=I7500XXIH7
ro.build.changelist=52318
ro.build.FUSDLMode=Change
ro.build.SupportFUS=TRUE
ro.build.CGMM=GT-i7500
ro.build.GMM=GT-i7500
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for capella7200
#
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libsec-ril.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyS0
ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED
DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1
#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-samsung
ro.com.google.locationfeatures=1
ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED
ro.config.notification_sound=TaDa.ogg
ro.config.ringtone=Ring_Classic_02.ogg
ro.axt9ime.sip.default=12phonepad
ro.axt9ime.sip.list=qwertykeyboard;12phonepad;
ro.axt9ime.lang.default=en
ro.axt9ime.lang.list=en;de;nl;pl;fr;cs;es;it;pt
ro.axt9ime.touchwiz=false
ro.axt9ime.customExtractAcc=false
ro.config.sync=yes
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
/system #

So we have:

ro.build.description=GT-I7500-user 1.5 CUPCAKE 77 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Samsung/GT-I7500/GT-I7500/GT-I7500:1.5/CUPCAKE/77:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

ro.build.PDA=I7500XXIH7
ro.build.Phone=I7500XXIH7
ro.build.HW=REV 0.1
ro.build.hidden_ver=I7500XXIH7
ro.build.changelist=52318
ro.build.SupportFUS=TRUE
ro.build.CGMM=GT-i7500
ro.build.GMM=GT-i7500
# end build properties

ro.build.description=GT-I7500-user 1.5 CUPCAKE eng.builder.20090702.085944 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Samsung/GT-I7500/GT-I7500/GT-I7500:1.5/CUPCAKE/eng.builder.20090702.085944:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.PDA=I7500XXIG8
ro.build.Phone=I7500XXIG8
ro.build.HW=REV 0.1
ro.build.hidden_ver=I7500XXIG8
ro.build.changelist=36860
ro.build.SupportFUS=TRUE
ro.build.CGMM=GT-i7500
ro.build.GMM=GT-i7500

So we have:

H7: ro.build.description=GT-I7500-user 1.5 CUPCAKE 77 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
G8: ro.build.description=GT-I7500-user 1.5 CUPCAKE eng.builder.20090702.085944 ota-rel-keys,release-keys

H7: ro.build.fingerprint=Samsung/GT-I7500/GT-I7500/GT-I7500:1.5/CUPCAKE/77:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys
G8: ro.build.fingerprint=Samsung/GT-I7500/GT-I7500/GT-I7500:1.5/CUPCAKE/eng.builder.20090702.085944:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

H7: ro.build.PDA=I7500XXIH7
G8: ro.build.PDA=I7500XXIG8

H7: ro.build.Phone=I7500XXIH7
G8: ro.build.Phone=I7500XXIG8

H7: ro.build.hidden_ver=I7500XXIH7
G8: ro.build.hidden_ver=I7500XXIG8

H7: ro.build.changelist=52318
G8: ro.build.changelist=36860

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones