New Firmware UpdateGeneral

Last Updated: 2010-06-28 14:16:29
  1. superleeds27

superleeds27 New Member

Due anytime now. Sony Ericsson have stated the following today.

Apologies, the X10 handsets firmware update is currently due for release and will be available imminently.

and

Hi, This update mentioned is for the X10 handset which is due for release imminently.

Keep checking folks!

Advertisement
  2. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Could i have a link please?
  3. gaz23g

gaz23g Member

contacted se update will be out tomorrow! allegedly
  4. KingDong

What will it include?
  5. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member

i think its the battery update its supposed to last twice as long. but dont quote me on that im just saying that cause i did a search and thats what sony has claimed will be their next update for. but just too let everyone know only way youll be able to get this update is if your debranded. if your not you gotta wait for your carrier to release the update.if they release it.
  6. KingDong

Wouldn't it be great if they released the 2.1 update as a suprice :( O well at least my battery will last longer.
  7. aodmisery

it might also be the voice update. the one too many people complain were its too low. lets hope for both
  8. KingDong

Yeah, I'm more concerned about the speaker volume than the battery issue.
  9. kenthandsfree

kenthandsfree Active Member

With you on this one, love the handset (even more now that I have the SWYPE keyboard) but the earpiece volume is dire, a real struggle to hear when outside.
    These days there always seems to be a basic element missing from high-end devices, don't get me wrong I'm not a moaner for the sake of it but low volume, no data/file transfer over bluetooth, even my old N97 did these things (although phone reception was crap as the antenna was located under your hand).
    Come on Ericsson, let's get it sorted.
  10. KingDong

I also had an N97 before i upgraded to this phone, i really enjoyed using the keyboard and the big 32GB memory, the sad thing was about the phone was that the phone was just so slow.

Another downside to this phone is that the mouthpiece is in a shocking position...
  11. johnaachen

johnaachen Well-Known Member

I had an N97 too and althought I like the technology of the X10 I miss terribly being able to hear people that I am trying to talk to on the phone! Quite how this got through the sound quality testing at SE I will never know!
    If they don't release a volume fix then I am going to kick up an almighty fuss - it's almost not fit for purpose as it currently stands...
  12. jebusmackay

jebusmackay Member

Has there been any news on this today? Has anyone been able to do the firm ware update?
    Thanks
  13. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

Not up yet! looks like that 1 day is gonna be like a week!!
  14. aodmisery

from what i been reading today there has but only for a telenor branded phones? as of right now
  15. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Taken from one of the Sony Ericsson blogs:

Bart says: June 22, 2010 at 7:48 pm
    From xda :
    “O2 Twitter Germany: The Update will published today!”

Who knows?

I'm in the UK and on the 3 network, am I holding my breath for this?

No...

Am I holding my phone up in the air and thinking shall I sell you and buy a HTC Desire?

Yes...
  16. powerkiter

Can a mod delete this please :)
  17. metcard

metcard Member

The phone has also been rooted, so if you are wanting to go down the rooting path, it is suggested that you don't update.
  18. manxape

manxape Active Member

hang on root wtf when did that happen? Thought it was faked?
  19. powerkiter

Still thinking of selling the X10 for a desire as the battery last so much longer and will always be more up to date. Shame though as I do like the x10 just a shame that it seems it will all ways be behind all other phones.
  20. superleeds27

superleeds27 New Member

The SE service centers have it already - SUS tool is still on the wait
  21. powerkiter

Well now its been rooted I think I might hold off on the system update and wait for the top lads on XDA to release their goodies now!

Link to thread on XDA Root happened! - xda-developers
  22. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

well it may take time for them to cook up a rom and so forth and it should apparently still work after the update but even if it doesnt, if you have a debranded phone you can always downgrade! so you can have the best of both worlds ;-)
  23. dunphero

dunphero Active Member

Sorry for being a noob, please be gentle with me but what does rooted mean Cheers.
  24. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Root will allow you to install, delete anything on the phone. Even update the x10i to foro2.2 if you have the zen skills needed to do so.
    Root means freedom to set the cell phone up to look and feel the way you want it to. Delete things like mediascape or Playnow or even any of the Moxier apps if you do not wish it on your phone any more.
    dunphero likes this.
  25. dunphero

dunphero Active Member

Thanks, Is it simular to Ipod jail break?