1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support New Firmware update

1. nimoxp

nimoxp Well-Known Member

I got a notification for an update. Looks like the release date was 6-6-2012.
    Does anyone know what this is before i download it to my phone?

Advertisement
  2. nimoxp

nimoxp Well-Known Member

Ok, I did the update, but don't see anything. Still 2.3.6.

I never had problems with my phone so I can't tell if it was to fix something.

So i have no Idea what it did. Is there a way to find out what changes it made to my phone?
  3. RoWilJr

RoWilJr Well-Known Member

Update was supposed to fix memory issues...
    nimoxp likes this.
  4. nimoxp

nimoxp Well-Known Member

Just a quick note. I have never had a problem with my updates, yet after I did a restart I got my first error 98! Yay! I part of the gang now.:mad:

I clicked it closed and did a quick test to make sure all my mms functions were working and they are thank god. Hopefully I wont see that Box again.
  5. rodawg71

rodawg71 Well-Known Member

Can't remember off the top of my head but, did it load Muve Music?
  6. nimoxp

nimoxp Well-Known Member

I had already loaded Muve Music when it was first available. I was the test mule here. I never had problems with that update. I changed the year on the date. I put 2011 on accident.

This update became available 6-6-2012. Sorry about the mix up.
  7. jimmy513

jimmy513 Well-Known Member

So
    Should I download this?
  8. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Got the text today. I'm still using the stock 2.3.5 with no problems. I won't be downloading this one either unless I hear some positive feedback on it. I've found it's always best to wait and hear other peoples experiences on these things.
  9. jimmy513

jimmy513 Well-Known Member

Very true. I have 2.3.6 stock.
  10. rodawg71

Bingo!!! I'll wait...and wait...and wait... Until Q3, when the rumored "new" phones come to Crickets line up. :cool:
    Anywho, my Merc runs just fine so far.
  11. cbc0201

cbc0201 Member

I did the update , no problems, nor improvements noticed. Called Cricket, not sure they even know there's a firmware update available from Huawei. Called Huawei tech support and was told that the update made "the phone run much better".

Great info thanks.. My phone worked just fine before.
  12. RoWilJr

RoWilJr Well-Known Member

I JUST got the text as I'm typing this repy...:cool:
  13. gixxer_751

gixxer_751 Well-Known Member

error 98 still comes back every now & then ...
  14. rodawg71

Not gonna update... Reading too many issues about it. Not to mention, read there were actually TWO updates... One from Huawei (firmware) and One from good 'ol Cricket themselves (software)
  15. jloy1989

jloy1989 New Member

I went into a store and they told me that they were having problems with Mercury...that there were complaints about syncing. They told me to update and that would fix it. I still haven't done it, but I'll let you know if it helps with syncing
  16. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do the update if you are happy with the way your phone is working now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  17. efeigenbaum

efeigenbaum Well-Known Member

I must just be lucky with phones. I downloaded the update and haven't had a single problem. It's good to be me. :)
  18. rodawg71

LOL... Good for you :cool:
    I haven't updated at all and Merc is doing purdy good.
  19. alphamale1

alphamale1 Active Member

will rooted cause an issue with this mine stopped with a yellow exclamtion reboot fixed it but did not update
  20. rodawg71

Yes...need to be on a stock ROM w/stock recovery.