• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New forum request

Understood.

The Samsung Mesmerize, Fascinate, and Vibrant (Samsung Galaxy S) were all identical to each other as well, except for the carrier specific software they were carrying. They were each given their own sub-forums. It looked like the pattern was repeating itself with the Galaxy S II and the carrier specific sub-forums, that's why I asked about it after the US Cellular version was released.

But whatever works. Thanks for the time.

Upvote 0
Understood.

The Samsung Mesmerize, Fascinate, and Vibrant (Samsung Galaxy S) were all identical to each other as well, except for the carrier specific software they were carrying. They were each given their own sub-forums. It looked like the pattern was repeating itself with the Galaxy S II and the carrier specific sub-forums

Yeah, but this time forewarned was forearmed and we didn't fall for the same trick. :)

It's a nightmare trying to keep up with Samsung/US carriers, let alone offer meaningful support forums with so many almost-identical-but-not-quite variants. Using the hardware as a base criterion works best, as firmware updates and custom ROMs for one aren't interchangeable with the others.

Reactions: LaTuFu
Upvote 0
Yeah, but this time forewarned was forearmed and we didn't fall for the same trick. :)

It's a nightmare trying to keep up with Samsung/US carriers, let alone offer meaningful support forums with so many almost-identical-but-not-quite variants. Using the hardware as a base criterion works best, as firmware updates and custom ROMs for one aren't interchangeable with the others.

That makes perfect sense to me. I agree it is ridiculous to try to keep up with the "flavors." the new methodology is logical, too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones