New Free Divx Video Player

1. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

Hey guys-
    still in beta but here is a new video player - good news is that it plays divx.
    I tested this morning and it seems to run very smoothly.
    I found it on the Italian forum and I am sharing:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Info:
    it needs Android 2.1 to work. It plays:

MOVIES:
    MKV
    H264 high profile, 720 x 304 @ 24fps @ 405Kbps
    AAC 44.1KHz
    perfect quality
    14-20 FPS
    TV show:

AVI
    DivX 5, 704

Advertisement
    :
  2. safeplayer22

safeplayer22 Well-Known Member

runs smooth on my n1 running 2.2
  3. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Finally a solution to watch most of my movies without having to convert.. Might have to get that 32GB card after all now :eek:
    I hope this is somewhat stable, will report back :)
  4. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Thank's rubi for letting us know about this. We need more people like you on the forum :)
  5. Bobulation

Bobulation Active Member

It says its unavailable now :(
  6. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

What was the name of it?
  7. justdoit

justdoit Well-Known Member

Odd because I've just downloaded it, its called Rock(divx)player
  8. BreatheElectro

BreatheElectro Well-Known Member

9. justdoit

Just tried a few movies on my N1 and boy am I impressed with it, works really well, shame you have to hit full screen and the DivX icon a few times to remove screen info but I can live with that.
  10. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind words guys - happy to share when I find something that is worth it.
    Personally the only 'complain' i had on my Nexus 1 was lack of DivX video playing.
    In any event, this is just a beta so I am sure they will fix these small bugs...
    some people reported audio not being in full sync once you hit pause a lot - didn't test that yet.
    Justdoit - if the only problem would be we have to hit full screen a few times but the software is still free... I would take it :D

Now the only thing really missing is BBM but that will stay just a dream...
  11. jonno2k

jonno2k Active Member

Why isn't it in the market? I'm worried about installing 3rd party software...
  12. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Works great on my N1 with FRF50.

Click Full Screen to make them full screen.
    Swipe the player controls down to remove them to view without controls. Click anywhere on the screen to bring them back.
    Fast Forward/Reverse to view through the video file is fast and seamless.

All in all, great solution!! :D
  13. chistery

chistery Well-Known Member

Anyone know if this is a time limited beta? Where's the official source so we can check for updates?
  14. sirrx7

sirrx7 Well-Known Member

Awesome app. Works great! Smooth, full screen, and in perfect sync.
    Runs great on Both N1s. AT&T 2.1 and T-Mobile 2.2.
  15. snowcrash

snowcrash Well-Known Member

does not work on my samsung moment:confused: bummer..I really want DIVX
  16. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

This plays WMV files, too.
  17. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Well-Known Member

18. justdoit

That R thats in the top corner now is a bit annoying!
  19. justdoit

Notice on the notes on the web link that this public beta version will expire on the 15th July!
  20. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Hopefully they'll release a new public beta by July 15 and the expire time will be extended. It would be impressive if they already made their full release on the 15th, but you never know..
  21. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Well-Known Member

Its ugly , lacks features , but hey IT WORKS!

I mostly watch mma and short clips but this has worked with almost all of them. .3GP and camera recorded vids give it problems.

But they beat CorePlayer to the punch and now Android has another leg up on Apple.

Keep the old APK is an option no ? Im guessing that one doesnt expire and it doesnt have the red R.

Will gladly pay when a FULL version is available.

I WILL SAY...considering the source..I sincerely hope people smarter than I are checking out the source code to make sure there no privacy intruding crap in it.
  22. uoY_redruM

uoY_redruM Well-Known Member

Ditto.

I've been using it and wondering the same myself.
  23. nardva

nardva Well-Known Member

This plays videos better than yxplayer in my opinion. It Loos like the one with the R in the corner during playback is the official beta release but the one without the R in the corner is unofficial and may not have a July 15 expiration date. The one without the R is listed as demo player under app listing. Only time will tell.
  24. Adamsavage

Adamsavage Member

Works like a charm on my Nexus One. I always wondered if you get a divx player to work on it as it just a matter of codecs and that's all.
  25. safeplayer22

safeplayer22 Well-Known Member

There are few other video players out there in the market that plays almost all media format (e.g. Vplayer).

Another app that plays many video formats is "arcmedia". It is free in the market.