• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Froyo 2.3.15!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed this and then Tranquility 2.3.5rc but now my reboot on my SwitchPro widget won't work??? Seems like a strange issue but when I press reboot it just doesn't do anything. Doesn't ask for Superuser permissions or anything. Can someone else check this out on their phone just to let me know if it's my setup or something else? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I installed this and then Tranquility 2.3.5rc but now my reboot on my SwitchPro widget won't work??? Seems like a strange issue but when I press reboot it just doesn't do anything. Doesn't ask for Superuser permissions or anything. Can someone else check this out on their phone just to let me know if it's my setup or something else? Thanks.

download terminal from the market and type su and if you get permission denied then you lost root. you could either root again using the droid 2 method or if you want i could give you a nandroid :)

Upvote 0
download terminal from the market and type su and if you get permission denied then you lost root. you could either root again using the droid 2 method or if you want i could give you a nandroid :)

Root works. All my other apps are being granted superuser permission. Just reboot doesn't work. Strange. Tried reinstalling to no avail.

Upvote 0
Root works. All my other apps are being granted superuser permission. Just reboot doesn't work. Strange. Tried reinstalling to no avail.

then go into your manage application and click on bootstrap and click clear data.... if you have rom manager installed do the same.. then go into app drawer and click on bootstrap and click bootstrap again.. reboot and it should work. please report back

Upvote 0
i decided to make a nandroid for you and others that need it. this does not have flyx because i believe its not needed and also it messes up root alot =/ this also has the newest beastly build promp and i changed the about phone to make sure it saids 2.3.15 (newest froyo) and it is free of DATA!! you can do a full restore

REMOVED

Upvote 0
Battery Manager still Force Closes, SMS still out of order. When are they going to fix that!!!

You can fix battery manager yourself. Go into Applications, manage, battery manager (may be in the "running" section), clear data/cache, bingo - working battery manager.

Upvote 0
Needed to reapply the market fix after installing this. But now my version shows as 2.3.9

Its just because thats the text in the build.prop. Who knows, P3 could be BS'ing all of us just be changing stuff in the build.prop. I could easily make it look like you are running "Android 5000 Super Shit Edition" with a simple text edit.

So thats all it is, your software hasn't changed with the market fix, just a simple line of text.

Upvote 0
Its just because thats the text in the build.prop. Who knows, P3 could be BS'ing all of us just be changing stuff in the build.prop. I could easily make it look like you are running "Android 5000 Super Shit Edition" with a simple text edit.

So thats all it is, you're software hasn't changed with the market fix, just a simple line of text.

Gotcha. Kinda thought it was something like that. Thanks!

Upvote 0
sooo...what are the perks of this build?

Nothing. Its a pointless scam update for P3 to get more money.

It'd be just like me saying, hey guys I have an updated build.prop that is SUPER SECRET. BUT you can only get it if you buy my app.

Hes doing the same thing. I checked the files in /system, I couldnt find anything even worth mentioning that is different. The only thing it did for me, was F&cked my market up.

If you're happy where you are now, stay there. Cuz this update does nothing.

Reactions: tmc363
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones