• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Froyo 2.3.15!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who follow my tweets I said from the beginning that this is not the sole means of distribution. Not sure what more you want, some things are left unsaid so that Big Brother M, doesn't catch it. Either way, people need to restrain themselves. I will not take the blame for what is being said by others about me or TBH, that reversal of guilt will not fly.

All in all, i've been greatly disappointed in my fellow droiders over the past 2 days.

Hmmm
1. To start with I don't think anyone here cares a dime if your disappointed with us. In fact a few are disappointed in you. It works both ways

2. You shouldn't paint everyone here with the same brush and some have supported your app. (me being one)

3, I follow your tweets and you said people that had given more than $5.00 would have a different link . I haven't seen it and I saw no tweet on any other way to get the downloads from you (Maybe I missed it so please post it here).

4. I think some of the issue is the way you released the app. The whole there's something BIG coming go here to get this app and then SURPRISE you have to pay. Now I for one had no issue paying as I believe you should get some return for your hard work that I'm sure cost you something either in $ or time spent.

5. No one is reversing guilt the point was and is, better communication is key to everyone being happy.

I hope to see more BIG things from you related to the X but I certainly don't need any lectures fro you.:eek:

Upvote 0
I would be careful of pissing p3droid off. He's already annoyed at the Droid X community. He does what he does because he enjoys working with the community. If you piss him off enough, he could focus his efforts elsewhere. He's passing the leaks along.

Accusing him of being a fraud, or complaining about what he does is like shooting the messenger. He's just delivering what everyone wants, Froyo (leaked).

So, why don't we, as a community, thank p3 for what he does, and Team Black Hat. I'm eagerly awaiting the big announcement on Friday myself.

Also, don't bitch if you don't like what is put out. Everyone always says, put something on your phone at your own risk.

Sorry, just my two cents.

Upvote 0
I would be careful of pissing p3droid off. He's already annoyed at the Droid X community. He does what he does because he enjoys working with the community. If you piss him off enough, he could focus his efforts elsewhere. He's passing the leaks along.

Accusing him of being a fraud, or complaining about what he does is like shooting the messenger. He's just delivering what everyone wants, Froyo (leaked).

So, why don't we, as a community, thank p3 for what he does, and Team Black Hat. I'm eagerly awaiting the big announcement on Friday myself.

Also, don't bitch if you don't like what is put out. Everyone always says, put something on your phone at your own risk.

Sorry, just my two cents.

I agree with this. If users didn't want the newest leak then don't donate. But if you want the newest then you have to support the team that gets it to you. I'm sure P3 has to reimburse who ever leaks this, and without donations it comes out of his own pocket.

P3 I want to thank you for bringing the leaks and ROM's and please keep it up and just shrug off the android community. Right now people are just upset waiting for 2.2, and I for one appreciate the leaks that help hold me over!!

Upvote 0
My point is and always will be, if you put your own work into something and it is different from what would normally come via flashing a bare bones leak or an OTA then I have no problem ASKING for donations. But if you take something Motorola, Google, and Verizon work on and put it out as your work and charge people for it is SHADY in every aspect of the word. /rant

Upvote 0
I would be careful of pissing p3droid off. He's already annoyed at the Droid X community. He does what he does because he enjoys working with the community. If you piss him off enough, he could focus his efforts elsewhere.

So, what, nobody should note that he's charging for something that wasn't his creation or his modification? That has no change log or any indication of what it really is? That, in fact, has no evidence that it's even a real build?

I am completely in favor of donating to devs and supporting their work. I recently donated to a dev for helping me who couldn't even fix my problem with his app, just because he was super responsive and very friendly and I think his app is of high quality. My donation was 3x what he asks for his app.

However, there has to be some honesty here. Honesty is not releasing a mysterious update with no information surrounding it and demanding money for it strictly because, real or not, you know that people will pay just because they hope it's real. That's not honest, that's exploiting the people who would otherwise support you. That's just trying to profit off the hype surrounding Froyo.

You release products. If you put work into them, charge for them. If you don't want to charge, accept donations. If it's not your work, either accept donations or at least put forth something real and concrete and be honest if it cost you something. The whole, "Motorola shouldn't know" bit is bullshit - what, you think Moto is going to be more pissed off or have a better idea who did it because one of their devs took a bribe to leak the OS instead of leaking it for free?

The reality is that this was a pretty suspect release, and p3 should recognize that there are people who may take issue with that. I'm not saying he's a bad guy, or even that this release was actually not real, just that the reaction to it should have been expected, and if not expected, at least appreciated for having some validity.

Upvote 0
I just wanted to point out that even if the 2.3.15 release was not the work of P3 and his group, neither was the 2.3.9 or 2.3.13. The amazing thing is, the "leak" is somehow rooted? That makes me think some "work" was done on these files.

Regardless, you were NEVER asked to pay for the leak. The $2 was for a delivery app that gets you files FASTER. I am pretty sure the 2.3.15 file was released within 24 hours publicly.

I agree P3 came off pretty bad here. But, in his defense, there were many here calling him a fraud (without evidence). Just because it is possible to change the build.prop to whatever you want, doesn't mean that is all P3 did.

I for one, look forward to future releases from TBH.

Reactions: Piiman
Upvote 0
@ Pointguard1122 Did you miss all the links people posted up for the supposedly "free" leak? I guess you missed all of those get pulled by the mods? Tell me if the money is for the delivery and not for the leaks, then why pull the links to the leak? yes P3 came off bad, but it wasn't JUST because of the people calling him a fraud (oh btw, when you release something with no change log that isn't noticeably different from anything else out there thats going to happen). Its because the ENTIRE situation wasn't handled correctly. The app/leak should have been FREE from the start with the option to donate. Then there would have never been a reason to pull the links (until we get the C&D from moto)

Upvote 0
The only thing I had issue with is personally calling me out, which is why I responded the way I did, to let him know what I think

Not taking any sides here, but to a degree all forums run in a similar way. Your not a plain old member, your a Guide. Don't get me wrong, your entitled to your own opinions, but your gonna be held to higher standards and to the rules of the forum more than the average joe. That's the only reason he singled you out.

Upvote 0
I agree with this. If users didn't want the newest leak then don't donate. But if you want the newest then you have to support the team that gets it to you. I'm sure P3 has to reimburse who ever leaks this, and without donations it comes out of his own pocket.

P3 I want to thank you for bringing the leaks and ROM's and please keep it up and just shrug off the android community. Right now people are just upset waiting for 2.2, and I for one appreciate the leaks that help hold me over!!

The whole issue all started with poor communication and what appeared to be a pay for leak app. I'm sorry but I place that blame on P3 with his teaser tweets and never stating clearly what this app was for or that it would be a paid app until much later (like the next day). It just kind of was like SURPRISE you have to pay 2 dollars to get the something Big!
Hell we didn't even know what the Something Big was.

Then when the "Something Big" wasn't all that big it just made it look more like a scam. I personally don't care if it was only a small updated leak I'm the kind of person that will load the latest anything on my PC, and now my phone so I was fine with it.

But I would suggest not over hyping things either, especially when you tie it to a new paid app that was never mentioned before and appears to be the only way to get the "something special". It just looks bad.
I bet if it had been tied to a hack to unlock the bootloader NO ONE would have complained. But over hyping will get you hung out to dry if you can't come back and explain it.

I personally never looked at it as a scam but , like he said, a way for them to deliver stuff that "the man" want to prevent. (Frankly he should learn how to make free apps with features you'd want to pay for like most devs do. ROM manager does it hint hint.)

I'm not out to piss off P3 but I'm not going to sit around while he tries to lecture us all like he's our dad because he does stuff for us. Frankly I was a little surprised by his post and normally he is very good and just taking the criticism and moving forward. Maybe he was pissed about our Super Ass **** 500 ROM. :D

Anyway to sum it up.

Don't over hype.
Communicate
Be on the up and up (not saying you weren't P3 but sometimes perception is everything)
Keep up the good work and I for one promise to donate and support you and the group.

Upvote 0
The issue of contention is the fact that p3droid made it mandatory to pay for a 'leaked' froyo build owned by motorola.

thats like burning a bunch of pirated DVD's and selling them out in the public street. its just unethical.

however, i do praise his efforts. lets remember if it weren't for him, all of us would still be on 2.1

Upvote 0
@ Pointguard1122 Did you miss all the links people posted up for the supposedly "free" leak? I guess you missed all of those get pulled by the mods? Tell me if the money is for the delivery and not for the leaks, then why pull the links to the leak? yes P3 came off bad, but it wasn't JUST because of the people calling him a fraud (oh btw, when you release something with no change log that isn't noticeably different from anything else out there thats going to happen). Its because the ENTIRE situation wasn't handled correctly. The app/leak should have been FREE from the start with the option to donate. Then there would have never been a reason to pull the links (until we get the C&D from moto)

The links were to Moto software it was Moto that had them pulled not P3

Upvote 0
. Maybe he was pissed about our Super Ass **** 500 ROM.

His poor attitude may have also had something to do with his tweets around 1am yesterday in reference to an accident where someone he knows was hurt

not saying its justified,or the case, but just something I was questioning in my head.

::: shrugs :::

Reactions: Piiman
Upvote 0
Fine,

I will wait and see which one of you posts the next leak. I would like to know home much of your time and money you put into it. I will gladly download it from you then because I too prefer free stuff. I will be watching and waiting, because I think its going to be a long cold winter before I do.

Bottom line, don't get the app, we are not hurt by your decision, we will go on. Life goes on. Then wait until it is released publicly for everyones consumption.

Better yet, delete all the leaks from your phone and computer and refuse to download future leaks from TBH in protest of our decision. That will teach us a lesson.

The blantant ignorance in this thread is glaring, I do NOT work for motorola and do not get changelogs with the files. Therefore anyone asking for one is really doing so from a point of ignorance because NO leaks have changelogs. And using that as a rationale for fraud, is baseless considering all the other leaks. I am nearly through with the whole lot of you.

Now that VZW has announced that the official update is 2.3.15 go look at the changelog yourself.

Upvote 0
Mods please close this thread, it is useless as of now and everyone on both sides has made their point.
We can all simply walk away now with out having to say anything else on the subject.
There was lack of communication and understanding in the beginning, but it has all been made clear now and we should all be able to move on.
P3droid made the leaks public and has now explained that he will do so in the future.
If you want them earlier than their public release, then you can pay for the app in order to have it sooner and or tranquility mod/rom.
I prefer earlier so I paid for the app.
At this point this conversation is obviously starting to get more emotional and personal than it needs to be, so let's all just remember that this is the internet and not that important in the grand scheme of things. I am sure we all have family and friends and jobs or lives that are far more important than carrying on with trivial bickering.

So thanks for the leaks P3droid, and thanks to all the members here for their posts, let's all just chill out for a bit :)

Upvote 0
Not taking any sides here, but to a degree all forums run in a similar way. Your not a plain old member, your a Guide. Don't get me wrong, your entitled to your own opinions, but your gonna be held to higher standards and to the rules of the forum more than the average joe. That's the only reason he singled you out.

I'm Airmaxx23 and I support this message....

Upvote 0

I agree, but I will learn from this and become a better guide

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones