New Froyo Kernel - up to 1.4ghz and other speeds - TopQuark (based off of P3)

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

By Request: TopQuark high performance kernel for the Droid by CellZealot

** I take no responsibility for these kernels and NO I haven't tried them just yet. (Just THANK me if it works well ;) )** Dev confirms lock ups above 1280, so be warned.

Here are the DL links if you are too lazy to click the link above:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7632904/CZ_v32_1280LV_update.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7632904/CZ_v32_1330LV_update.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7632904/CZ_v32_1350LV-update.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7632904/CZ_v32_1400LV-update.zip
    Dev confirmed working on Froyo also:
    They are all 7 slot low voltage kernels with steps of 250, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200 with the top slot of 1280Mhz, 1330Mhz and 1350Mhz. They are all 26.32.9 series kernels built using P3Droids repo.

Enjoy and let's get some speed, smoothness, benchmarks, and heat/battery thoughts on this.

Advertisement
    :
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I tried these the other day. The only one I could get to work was the 1.28 and I got some freeze ups on that one. Saw some other people that reported great results with the 1.28 kernel
  3. inssane

I am going to give it a whirl - I am playing Wii and messing with the phone. The Wii is new, so I am in the honeymoon phase :)

I am not holding my breath for anything above 1.28 - maybe Messenger could get a higher one running since his has run 1300 before.
  4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Wow, my old Droid could go over 1ghz but it seems my new one can't. What a shame.. wish I could try these.. I'd be interested to see some quandrant scores though..
  5. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

I'm going to add a link to this thread in the OP of the Froyo Kernels thread, just to ensure that I have as complete a listing as possible. I'm certain they won't work for my picky Droid, though. Thanks inssane!
  6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

With 2.1 kernels I could go up to 1300 but havent seen a froyo kernel that worked well for me above 1.25
  7. inssane

You beat me to it - I was going to PM you to let you know.
    I figured these speeds are worth a look and it would get buried in the sticky (plus I want feedback on how it works :D )
  8. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I'm too scared!!!! hahahaha

Thanks though.
  9. inssane

WONK!
    Nothing - froze on the eye boot on the lowest one.
  10. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Trying in a minute, will report back.
    Wow, first shot got 1400 booted, opened drop cap, got it ready, went to setcpu, scaled up to 1400, shook the phone, and BAM freeze and reboot...
    Same result second time, but did get a shot of me with 1400 selected, but the minute I hit apply, freeze. Next lowest next.

1350 Froze towards the end of the red eye. Wouldn't even get into the OS.

1330 Froze too, same thing as 1350. This is getting depressing, I was so excited to boot 1400.

1280 boots and runs. It freezes here and there, but then unfreezes, not stable at all. No reboots, just not useable. Putting Jakes back on after I flash the new Kangerade.

Attached Files:

11. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

12. inssane

Well, this could be good news overall. If you are registered for that board I linked to, he wants feedback so tell him. I know nothing about programming kernels, but I might think that a series of tweaks based on what's causing the crashes may help.
  13. Branndon

Not registered and don't want to sign up for yet another forum, sorry. I'll post my pics in my original post soon.
  14. inssane

It's OK - I would't either :) - only if I was registered
  15. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Hmm. I'll definitely check these out again after the testing is complete. All of the kernels boot on my phone but freeze fairly quickly after boot.
  16. GirLuvsDroid

So I decided I had to try these kernels (why not, I've tried every one of the others!), even though I knew it was highly unlikely they'd work for me. Each one of them got most of the way through the boot animation (past the vibrate), then locked up. Oh, well.....
  17. inssane

I wish there was a way to scale PRE flash so that the new kernel booted at, say 600. This would allow slow scaling/testing stable speeds. It is the operating speed upon boot that donks the phone.

See what I mean? Not sure if I am clear.
  18. GirLuvsDroid

Makes perfect sense. :)
  19. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

Crystal
  20. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

ion the forum it says to make sure you uncheck the setcpu option "set at boot" and that shouldnt happen. unless you have a rom that auto scales to match your kernel like BB or something.
  21. 1054

1054 Member

Installed 1400lv running Jrummy's newest kangerade. The rom was running smooth as silk (at default) so I went to setcpu.

The first thing I did was set it min and max at 1400. Phone froze immediately.

Rebooted, set it at 1200 min/max. Best my phone has ever ran. So...excellent kernel but my particular phone cannot handle running it at 1400.
  22. Branndon

I got to 1400, and froze when trying to change it too, but didn't think to leave it at 1200.
  23. bemenaker

bemenaker Well-Known Member

Just for the hell of it, have you tried putting your phone in the freezer for an hour or too and chilling it down and then seeing if you can hit 1400? Just a thought, might give you a few seconds at that speed. I wouldn't expect more than that though. But what the hell, it's all for fun and games anyways, right? :D
  24. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Ok where's Messenger13 with his super droid:p
  25. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Man, I'd be afraid 1400 would cause my phone to explode in my hand. Considering I've never been able to run anything above 1200 (and only that high with P3Droid kernels) I doubt I'd be able to get any of these going.