new future HTC user

Last Updated:

1. TheB

TheB New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, let me start by saying that I'm interested in buying HTC Desire (pretty cheap, has everything I need and a lot more.) but I have some questions so that I can make my final decision.

#1) Can you take photos with camera while walking or driving in car (I know you can, but are they any good) or are they good if you are taking photos of moving objects?

#2) How much space on microSD card does a photo use, how much space video uses (highest quality photo/video), and how much space is used by some normal 3 minute song (average)

#3) How much internet traffic is used to update weather, facebook or twitter

#4) Are headphones you get with the device good, or should I buy some real good sennheiser headset.

#5) When should I first root my phone or should I?

5.1) Is rooting dangerous, can it really damage your phone badly?
    5.2) What do you get with rooting your device?

#6) When I first get desire, how should I charge the phone (should I do 1st charge when it completley drains out and shuts down, should I charge it over pc or just normally plug it, is there any procedure that I should do first couple of days, etc...)

#7) When should I first calibrate my battery?

#8) Which microSD card should I buy? Thats why I asked how much space some things use, because I like to have many songs, movies and pics on my phone.

#9) Does listening to music, playing games or browsing while charging hurts your phone (I did that all the time on my Nokia N73 and there were no noticable changes on battery life or anything...)

#10) If I can choose, should I choose S-LCD or AMOLED HTC Desire
    , which is better in your opinion?

You are not obliged to answer all of them, but answers on these questions would really help me a lot!

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

1. Legal issues aside, yes you can take a picture when driving. Quality is OK but some have issues with the lens cover
    2. The same size as it would on a PC - they don't change size moving to removable storage
    3. Don't know, but can't be a lot. I'm never over my limit for a month and have all 3 updating every hour
    4. Not used the ones in the box, my Senheisser HD 25s sound good though
    5. Search for that one, covered many times before
    6. Charge it as per the manuals instructions
    7. You don't need to
    8. 16GB Class 2 is fine. I use one and have no issues
    9. No, but it kills the battery
    10. You can't choose - almost all new Desires are SLCD

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

No such requirement to search here, be nice please :)

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

1 they won't be fantastic when moving, this is a camera phone :p
    2 camera guile size anything between 600kb to 1mb
    3 not much, you needed a data plan, but whatever measly amount they give you will cover this fine.
    4 buy some :p
    5 yes and no, scary but unlikely to go wrong. Check out the root subforum for more
    6 doesn't matter, always good to fully charge first, but these your of batteries don't n need any special treatment
    7 no need
    8 as big as you can afford! Look at your music on your pc and find out how much space it takes up. You need st least that much and more if you plan on taking pics etc
    9 nope
    10 amoled is the theoretical best, that'd all I can say :)

5. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

So you don't mind the same questions being repeated over and over again on here?? Bit of a fail don't you think?

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

To be honest, I am going to stop answering the repeated questions. I will read the post to be sure its a repeated comment and then just ignore it.

7. Sumo

Sumo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warning lekky but it seems that I'm not the only one who has had enough of the same old questions,see above!

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

lol, bring it up with the admins. Feel free to link people to the relevant threads, but sometimes its just easier to put everything in one place. Took me all of 2 minutes to write my reply. Would have taken him a lot longer to search and weed out specific answers..

But even if you do feel the need to tell people to search, just do it in a nice way.