• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New G Maps update - Contacts address not available

Brent372

Jun 24, 2011
Coconut Creek, FL
Since the latest update of Google Maps, the one the removed the stand-alone Navigation app, I can no longer select G Maps to map a contacts' address.

At least, I can't find a way to.
If I open a contact, and select the address, I get to choose from the other 2 mapping software titles I have installed. In this case it is Bing Maps and VZCrap-igator

Nor can I find a way to access contacts' addresses' from within the G Maps app.

Am I missing something?

From contacts, my S3 allowed me to select Google Maps for the location. There were 3 other map programs options listed also (from apps I have installed). I'm not sure why your Rezound didn't have the option. Maybe a reinstall of the update will rectify it.

To access Navigation inside Google Maps, just press the little arrow icon inside the search box at the top of the screen. You can tap Choose Location and type or speak a contact name in the search box. Once selected, Navigation shows an overview of the route. Press 'Start' to begin navigation. If you just want to map the destination, you have to tap the 'route time' at the bottom of the screen and tap the last route listing. Yes, the update has buried navigation, but it's still there.

Upvote 0
I have the Navigation icon now, after installing the latest update, but the first time I loaded Maps 7 it did disappear.

The latest update has part-fixed the issue with HTC contacts. Now if I touch the address "action" in the contact card it opens Maps, but it doesn't pass the address to the app. So progress, but not there yet. I've reported this to Google.

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones