***new g1 mirror screen cover***Accessories

Last Updated:

1. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so i ordered my new mirror screen cover and it finally came in from hong kong. it was only $4 and the quality is perfect. very easy to install and looks amazing. highly recommended product. it was purchased from ebay. sorry bout the horrible pics, but the vid has a nice shot......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0TjRAOMjsY

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. deedend

deedend Member

But... How it works in the sunny days outside? And it's sliding or like the invisible-shield that I have heared that it's rubbish?

3. sw20matt

sw20matt Well-Known Member

nice cool screen, would like to see how it dose outside in the sun

4. SecretAsianMan

its nice in the sun. i mean of course if its reflecting directly off the sun it will blind you but everythings very visible without a glare.

5. Masonator

Masonator Well-Known Member

is it available in the UK? If so, will i be purchasing it?

6. jabtas

jabtas Well-Known Member

Item number: 270312586958
    :D

As to the quality ???????????????????????????????????????????????

7. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Masonator - I think it is funny you "ask" if you will be purchasing it. So let's all decide for you. I say YES. You will be.

Secret Asian - care to post a link to this reflective cover? Even an ebay link.

8. SecretAsianMan

9. Syrax

Syrax Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool. I think I may purchase one. I did see an auction with 2 for $4.99 (free shipping).

10. dkaufman1

Thanks...just bought the 2 pack. I still have the original factory shipped protector.

11. slave1

slave1 Well-Known Member

What are they like in daylight with brightness set to lowest?

12. SecretAsianMan

its kinda hard to see in the sunlight when brightness set to low. but i mean for less than $5 its way worth it. i say buy the 2 pack and if you dont like it sell the other cover for $5 to get your money back.............craigslist. lol

13. dkaufman1

Get ready to laugh....

So as mentioned I got the screen protectors.

Pros: Looks very cool. Super slick, like the factory protector, but much thicker. I think if something hit it, or I even used a knife point on the screen it would be protected. It is a really thick plastic, and feels durable. I love the mirror finish of the device screen now. Bling, but not to much. Perfect.

Cons: I did have to jack up my brightness, which shortens battery life somewhat. It has a slight moray rainbow pattern. Very easy to look past but took a bit of understanding as to why it existed. The aforementioned thickness makes the plastic not flush with the screen. Not a dealbreaker in any stretch.

Me: I got the 2 pack. Hilarious Engrish on the pack. The package has a small card for pushing out air bubbles and a small cloth for cleaning prior to placing the film down. The film is sandwiched between 2 throwaway plastic layers, one to protect the shiny silver and the other to protect the adhesive (safe for your device) side. I actually got the shiny side to stick to my phone via a static like stick. I pulled away the film on the other side and had this very tacky not so shiny side collecting all my fingerprints. It was then I realized that I had it applied reverse. Oh am I glad I got 2. So enjoy my mistake and hopefully you won't make it too. (I laughed, after I realized my mistake. Hopefully you enjoy it.)

Air Bubbles: I took my time and applied it really slowly and still had a few. I used a real credit card and slowly worked them out, and then about 24 hours later the slight "circle" where the bubble had been disappeared. Be aware that this was a bit annoying until it did, but patience paid off.

14. SecretAsianMan

good description, but ive never had any air bubbles. i dont even use a card and ive installed 4 already on mine and some friends phones. its way better than not having the mirror. theres way more pros than cons. i say go with it!

15. dkaufman1

The Air bubbles are clearly the user's application/installation. As you do more I could see having less/none. And as I said if you looked at my phone now you would not see any.

16. Zeruel

Zeruel Active Member

This looks really cool. For $5 its worth trying. I will be ordering this. Thanks for the reviews and links.

17. dkaufman1

Post your review when you get it.

18. Windchill

Windchill Well-Known Member

Woot!!! Just ordered mine. 3 to 6 days for delivery. :p:p:p

19. Windchill

I just noticed that right now the mirror screen saver has a deal going where you buy one you get one free. Just click on the link above that SecretAsianMan posted and its simple. They only cost a dollar plus shipping and handling. Just wanted to pass that on to ya all. :)

20. Windchill

Wow! These things ship fast and the pics and vids do not do them justice. They are everybit as good as Secret says they are. Thanks Secret for the heads up on this. I am really loving it. In fact...I just ordered more so I have extras. :D:D

21. dkaufman1

I would like to know if they make non mirrored ones too? I had a friend with a G1 ask. They like the slick feel and the fact it doesn't look like I have a shield (no air bubbles.)

22. skeptic82

skeptic82 Active Member

Just got mine, looks awesome. I'm glad it came with two though, I totally screwed up the first one.

23. solider

solider Active Member

Ah, i'd be interested but alas, i would need to up my brightness setting just to see, and down goes my battery life =(

I am curious though as to the durability and maybe the lifespan of sticker. Does it leave scratch marks on it?

24. Windchill

I didn't have to up my brightness any. They really do work great and look sweet. Also, don't feel bad Skeptic, I messed my first one up also. Lol!

25. solider

solider Active Member

Ah, even on low brightness while outdoors? With my current user habit, i tend to set my power management app on low battery setting, lowering my brightness significantly. That's why i'm worried the reflective surface may be too much for me.