• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New G2 user with Windows 7 64-bit problem

Hi,

Just got a G2 Touch (T-mobile) and have had a few problems trying to get it to connect to my PC, which is running WIndows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-bit.

The SD card in the phone is detected by the phone fine, and it can access the pre-installed MP3 files, photos etc. that are on it. When I connect it to the PC the handset states that HTC Sync is running (presumably it means from the G2's perspective) and that USB is connected. On Windows 7 I get the drive letter (F: in my case) popping up but it always thinks that there is no available media inserted in that drive when I try and access it.

I found and downloaded the latest HTC Sync 2.0.18 sftware in case that was needed as well, but it always reports 'Disconnected'. I get 'Android phone' appearing in Windows 7 as a device that is available. Windows 7 reports no issues with the device or the drivers (which I have also manually tried installing from the HTC folder on the PC) but I cannot access the microSD card in the phone via the PC no matter what I try.

The phone reports stats on the card, and I've even installed an app to browse the contents of the sdcard and it all works as I would expect.

As things stand right now, the only way I can see of transferring files to/from the G2 Touch to Windows 7 or vice versa is to remove the sd card and put it in a card reader attached to the PC. I don't want to have to do that everytime I need to get files to/from the G2, so does anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?

Thanks in advance for any replies or pointers!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones