• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new galaxy core prime for metro pcs root

andriodadmirer

Android Enthusiast
May 14, 2012
I have the galaxy core prime for metro pcs
it ships with 5.1.1 lolipop and i have searched and searched for a method of root

I don't know about the bootloader bit i know knox is enabled
i have tried
framaroot
iroot
vroot
masterroot
kingroot
kingoroot
root genius
one click root
srsroot.com
and towel root
if anyone could help that would be great and thanks in advance??!!!!

it ships with 5.1.1 lolipop and i have searched and searched for a method of root

i have tried
framaroot
iroot
vroot
masterroot
kingroot
kingoroot
root genius
one click root
srsroot.com
and towel root
if it's a Samsung, look into Odin (PC). Should be able to flash a SuperSu.zip with it

Upvote 0

i have tried
framaroot
iroot
vroot
masterroot
kingroot
kingoroot
root genius
one click root
srsroot.com
and towel root
None of the one-click roots will likely work for our phone because of the new PIE security protocols which say that the only programs/executables that are allowed to modify anything in the system are the ones that are already contained within the system and there is no way to add programs/executables to the system without root.

We have applied for a root solution with "CF-Auto-Root" from "chainfire", which uses ODIN, over at XDA and are just awaiting a response. You can follow it's progress here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-core/development/galaxy-core-prime-sm-g360t1-root-t3160312

Upvote 0
None of the one-click roots will likely work for our phone because of the new PIE security protocols which say that the only programs/executables that are allowed to modify anything in the system are the ones that are already contained within the system and there is no way to add programs/executables to the system without root.

We have applied for a root solution with "CF-Auto-Root" from "chainfire", which uses ODIN, over at XDA and are just awaiting a response. You can follow it's progress here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-core/development/galaxy-core-prime-sm-g360t1-root-t3160312
i acually downloaded the twrp recovery for the sm-g360f and installed it using odin and it acually boots into twrp but the only thing that works is the power button as a lock for twrp
but, you can reboot your phone and our metro pcs stock is totally fine it boots right back into it

Upvote 0
i acually downloaded the twrp recovery for the sm-g360f and installed it using odin and it acually boots into twrp but the only thing that works is the power button as a lock for twrp
but, you can reboot your phone and our metro pcs stock is totally fine it boots right back into it

Well if you have the SM-G360T1 and you'd like to restore the stock recovery until there is a better working TWRP for this phone, then you can try flashing the ODIN recovery file that I made today and attached to this post here. Make sure you read the whole post before flashing if you decide to do it and be sure to let me know the result. Thanks!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=62457159&postcount=42

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well see here is the thing. I bricked my Lg Leon and that shit sucked. I thankfully have internet now, but I would like to be well equipped for rooting on the Samsung galaxy core prime. Is there a specific guide I can follow that can assure me that I am not going to brick the phone, that I can root successfully, I have the TWRP recovery, a guide on how to back up stuff would be nice as well, and in case I do brick the device, a know how on how to unbrick/unroot the device. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Well see here is the thing. I bricked my Lg Leon and that shit sucked. I thankfully have internet now, but I would like to be well equipped for rooting on the Samsung galaxy core prime. Is there a specific guide I can follow that can assure me that I am not going to brick the phone, that I can root successfully, I have the TWRP recovery, a guide on how to back up stuff would be nice as well, and in case I do brick the device, a know how on how to unbrick/unroot the device. Thank you.
Just go to this link & download Trapkernel to root.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=62859013
Then flash it in the AP slot of ODIN, the same way you installed TWRP. there is a short little step by step on the first post though if you need it too. I wouldn't worry about bricking this device btw. This phone is virtually impossible to brick. If you ever can't boot then just try reflashing Trapkernel(root) first. If that doesn't work then just flash the stock firmware. It will unroot you & take off TWRP, but it will always fix it. Then you can just reroot & add TWRP again. :)

Upvote 0
Ahhh, Thank you. But to better understand what I am doing, What does Flashing mean? And how do I do that? For me, it would be going into TWRP, go to where it says install, and look for the .ZIP file and flash that. Is that what it is?
1) Search for ODIN on Google and download it.
2) Download Trapkernel.
3) Open ODIN & then navigate to the Trapkernel file in the AP slot of ODIN.
4) Run ODIN to root. :)

Upvote 0

i have tried
framaroot
iroot
vroot
masterroot
kingroot
kingoroot
root genius
one click root
srsroot.com
and towel root
Latest Kingroot apk. Will root Metro pcs galaxy core prime! !!

Upvote 0
Someone please help I just bricked my girls Galaxy Core Prime (MetroPCS).
I rooted it with Kingroot installed root checker and verified it was rooted. After that I downloaded the link on here for TWRP recovery then used an app from play to flash the recovery it then booted into stock recovery then I hit reboot and a big yellow triangle screen came up and said. Custom binary blocked by FRP: Secure fail: kernel. Someone please help!!! Thanks.

1454128393299-1845408270.jpg
l

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones