• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Galaxy Note 2 User

mistaj

Dec 5, 2010
Hi!

So, my fiance has had a Note 2 for a few years, and I always secretly liked her phone. I had a chance to flee from Verizon, so I took out. I have heard good things about Cricket (especially being on ATT) so I migrated over. Best phone decision I have made. The new Cricket reminds me of the old Cingular, which I loved.

So with that being said, I tried a couple of phones on Cricket, but ran across an unlocked ATT Note 2. I bought the phone and rooted it, now I have a couple of questions:

1. The mobile hotspot is not working. I don't know if it is a Cricket thing or ATT (was with them for 10 years unfortunately) but I am getting the error message:

"There is a temporary network problem that prevents the enablement of the MObile Hotsport function. Please retry later." I have retried for a week at this point

Hotspot is not the biggest deal, but it will be useful for work and travel when I need to use a laptop or tablet.

2. Will this phone update to the official KitKat? I am on 4.3 Jellybean now. My Werizon phone had KitKat, and I kind of liked it. I tried a KitKat rom, but it did not work out.

Thanks for your help

Need some clarification "I tried a KitKat rom, but it did not work out"...tried it on the Note 2? What exactly "did not work out"? The hostpot or the whole ROM? Also, have you tried the Hotspost on the stock ROM?

I was just mentioning I tried another rom for KitKat, but reverted back to the stock rom because I need more time to get the phone set up the way I wanted. There was nothing essentially wrong with that rom. It flashed nicely actually. I forgot who the developer was, but I got it from xdaforum.

I am back to the stock ATT 4.3 Jellybean Android on Cricket, and the issue with the hotspot is on the Stock ATT 4.3 set-up. I am just rooted only as of now. The questions I have is just dealing with the Stock set-up (minus unlocking and being on Cricket).

I want to keep the phone stock as of now until I have some time to sit down and play with it more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones