New Galaxy OwnerSupport

Last Updated:

1. pooface

pooface New Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys,

i just bought a galaxy S and i used to be a iphone user...

all in all, i am happy with the decision i made but annoyed at a few things.

firstly, Lag... this sucks! my ram used on idle is 270mbs
    i have no programs running, only wifi...

secondly, KIES! its s***...

i am currently running 32bit windows 7 and when i plug my phone in the computer the drivers get install tho i cant access my phone. does anyone else have the same issue or fixed it?

ps. my gps doesnt work either :(

Advertisement
  2. Bess833

Bess833 Active Member

Hello and welcome to the Galaxy S family. Next time though, you should do some research:

1) Lag - yes, we are all aware of that, and there are a couple of solutions out there: VooDoo Lagfix or One Click Lag Fix.
    2) Yes, Kies is a piece of sh*t. If you have your drivers installed correctly, sometimes restarting your computer helps or just keep trying.
    3) The GPS is a known bug, in some firmware version (e.g. XWJM8) it seems to be running better, but we can only hope official Froyo update for our phones will fix it completely.

P.S. OCLF requires you to be rooted, but it does the job for you also. VooDoo doesn't need you to be rooted.

3. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

as bess833 said install oneclicklagfix from the market it is free and works like a dream!

:D hope that helps
    once we get the froyo update the GPS should be fixed also.

hope that helps