• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Galaxy S Leaks

I'm sure Samsung does want to get it on all major carriers...I dont think samsung is the one that is slowing things down. Much like the streak it will have to go through AT&T handling before it will be out for AT&T.

Fortunately the guys over at XDA are pretty good at getting these phones rooted, and with several ROMS to pull from they could get a GSM working ROM that has all the AT&T junk pulled out.

Upvote 0
Fortunately the guys over at XDA are pretty good at getting these phones rooted, and with several ROMS to pull from they could get a GSM working ROM that has all the AT&T junk pulled out.

There's been a bit of discussion on rooting this phone over on the Galaxy S forum (http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/70455-samsung-software-updates.html). There was some skepticism as to whether or not it would happen since Samsung has a habit of making it particularly difficult on their phones (according to those who commented). Anyone care to offer an opinion here? I'd thought a phone this nice would inspire folks to work on liberating it (particularly if you're on AT&T).

Upvote 0
I have been really thinking about the Samsung phone coming out. I believe I read somewhere that it is pretty easy to turn the samsung ui off and go stock(similar to sense iirc). However, with all the hoopla over the behold 2 and the way samsung lied about upgrades on it, I'm a little gun shy about trusting them with my next phone purchase.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones