New Galaxy S3 with poor signal receptionSupport

Last Updated: 2012-12-26 16:02:43
  1. RocketFoot

RocketFoot Well-Known Member

My family just got 3 Galaxy S3's for Christmas. 2 of the phones seem to consistently show more bars than mine. Is there an update I should do or any settings advice? Sprint is the carrier.

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Are they all on the same software version?
  3. RocketFoot

Yes. I verified that they are all the same. Each one was updated to the latest version when we set them up yesterday. I also checked Sprint coverage map and I am in good to excellent coverage at home and at work! But I have barely 1 bar here at work right now.
  4. Mikestony

Go into menu/settings/more settings/mobile networks/network mode -- and check to see if all phones are set the same?
    I know you said you were on Sprint....I am on Verizon and I am set to "Global" so I dont think my setting will help yours but I'm just trying to help to see if that setting on all your phones is the same :)
  5. RocketFoot

There is 2 options and all 3 are set to lte/cdma. I am going to try the other option...cdma only.

ETA: No change...changing back to lte/cdma.
  6. Mikestony

Someone here may know more than I do, but what comes to my mind, (and I just base this off of my last phone), call Sprint and have them re-provision the phone.?
    I, myself am learning about this device also as it is new to me:)
    RocketFoot likes this.
  7. RocketFoot

Thanks! Will do...

Any other replies...please chime in also!
    Mikestony likes this.
  8. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Well if you all have the same samsung build and baseband / modem and sprint have reprovisioned - of course try a factory reset but it then indicates a fault. Talk to sprint first. A photo of all the s3's next to each other will also help sprint.

I take it you havent changed battery doors or put a case on? Obviously the fairest comparison is no case, stock components
    Mikestony likes this.
  9. RocketFoot

Everything is stock other than cases...all three have identical UAG cases.
  10. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Under Settings>About Phone>Status, what do they all say under signal strength?
  11. RocketFoot

-103dBm 16asu
  12. quickaudi

13. RocketFoot

I'll have to check tonight. I am at work now...other phones are still at home.
  14. quickaudi

Put em side by side and post the results.
  15. disc golfin

disc golfin Well-Known Member

Also check the Baseband versions and the Build number.

you could also check for a PRL and Profile update, more than likely that will be the first thing Sprint will ask you to do.