1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

new galaxy s4 release date rumors. vzw, att,tmoGeneral

1. sox08

sox08 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    rion_j likes this.
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

If this were true, why would it surprise? Verizon is always the last. Some arrogant rubes run their company and bank on their coverage map to compensate.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

It takes time to encrypt the bootloader, load it up with extra bloat, and do their "extensive device testing". If the device isn't an apple dictated device, Verizon will handle it as they please. It's sad, but true. :(
  4. ThirstyDog

ThirstyDog Well-Known Member

30 days late to the party. :(
    If AT&T had a signal out here in the woods, I would pre-order from them right away.
    I'm stuck on Verizon. :(
  5. sox08

sox08 Well-Known Member

Or it could be that since the new gs4 is a hair smaller then the gs3 with a bigger screen Verizon has their team of engineers coming up with the best place for their Verizon branding. I mean look at the front of the gs4 there's no place for it and I highly doubt they want to put the logo on the home button like the note 2. Reason for delay has been found. No Verizon logo on front? No phone
  6. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

The VZW S3 dozen't have a logo on the front or anywhere for that matter except the battery cover that ships with it, but the battery cover doesn't count as it has been accessorized and any battery cover from any carrier or non carrier branded S3 will fit.
  7. rushmore

My guess is the dates for the other carriers is about two weeks too early. Middish May for everybody in the US by VZW (late May).
  8. josborne6

josborne6 Well-Known Member

Will TMO do a pre-order for the S4? Saw they did with the IPhone 5 just not sure if this is their MO.
  9. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Smaller phone? Isn't the Galaxy 4 5"?
  10. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

It is but it smaller than the gs3 and a lot smaller than the note 2 he is selling.
  11. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok New Member

When can I expect to be able to buy an unlocked, non-branded S4 online?
  12. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

What are the dates? The page is taking too long to load for me.
  13. ThirstyDog

Will the unlocked version support LTE here in the US?
  14. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

I'm kind of discouraged by the lack of Sprint.
  15. ThirstyDog

16. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

The picture said 5/30 for Verizon. Am I misunderstanding something?
  17. ThirstyDog

Yes, I want it now. :)
  18. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

These dates are only tentative, and are not confirmed in any way. If the 5/30 date for verizon turns out to be true, it is very disappointing and frustrating at the same time. Just don't understand how you can release phones a month after everyone else.
  19. rivera02

rivera02 Well-Known Member

They did the exact same thing with the note 2 so I wouldn't doubt that date.
  20. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok New Member

The Snapdragon version should.
  21. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

"AT&T official pre-order availability and pricing for the S4 on the AT&T website with pricing as you'd expect -- $199 and two years of commitment for a 16GB model in either white or black. Those willing to go off-contract will pay the hefty $639, and if for some reason you want just a 1 year contract, you can shave that down to $449. AT&T has a April 30th ship date"

This info taken from Android Central. I am a no contract person and in NO WAY paying $640 for that phone. My S3 keeps me very happy and it seems it will for another year at least.
  22. bobby2478

bobby2478 Well-Known Member

Ouch, if VZW isn't until 5/30, and there hasn't even been any rumors about a Sprint release date yet, that doesn't sound particularly promising about a Sprint release before June at the earliest.
  23. rushmore

That was the price of the 32GB version of S3 on VZW. Seems jacked up.
  24. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

Yeah..............I paid $549 for the 16gb AT&T version of the S3.

I have had it on Straight Talk for a year now. Paid off the price of the phone with the savings I get....... ST vs AT&T in just 7 months.

BUT..................with the S4, what the heck is the added $100 for? An even amount $100............not $64.98 or $93.45............... what a rip off!
  25. josborne6

josborne6 Well-Known Member

Am I the only person on here waiting for TMO? :)