S373N Member

agree.
  5. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member

6. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

7. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Still don't care too much for the 'scrolling banner' in landscape though.
  8. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I was using the Froyo 3D gallery (not the one in the market) and I think I like the new 2.2 version better. The other one had a few quirks I wasn't too fond of. Thumbs up on this one!
  9. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

I, too, like the new gallery much more than the previous one. It's definitely improved. But seriously, shouldn't they allow us to create folders and organize photos by now by moving them around, etc? That seems like a fairly simple functionality that google should have incorporated by now. I have to use Astro to create folders and move stuff, which isn't terrible, but it'd be nice to have it built into the interface. Also, is there a way to change the "album cover" or does it just set it at what it wants to?
  10. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i agree on the folders. Does any of the apps listed above give you the option to make folders? I would be ok with something as simple as a month folder...but even better if i could create my own.
  11. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

12. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Loving it...vihzel how's that samsung treating you?
  13. chammer

chammer Active Member

Wow. I must be the only one who absolutely utterly hates the new gallery. It's the only part of my phone that lags like crazy and scrolls at like 1fps. Horrible! Absolutely horrible. In fact, I don't even notice any performance differences between this and 2.1, as 2.1 was amazingly fast. I just want my phone back the way it was. I hate this grrrr. *cries*
  14. jgreen0227

jgreen0227 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you there chammer, this new Gallery sucks! The scrolling is horrible. Even in landscape mode you can't stop the scrolling when you flick across. You are right, it seems choppy even in portrait mode. Gonna have to find an app that's better than this.
  15. chammer

chammer Active Member

What makes it more odd to me, is that it seems no more 3d intensive than the 3d plugin for Flickie HD, and that still scrolls smooth as butter. ;(
  16. mntbighker

mntbighker Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain to me why the Gallery app STIL has no Picasa or Flickr integration when the old Droid 3D Gallery had it a long time ago?
  17. karma2burn

karma2burn Well-Known Member

I just played around with the new gallery for a few and I don't like it. It's better than the old one but the 3d gallery is far superior. I'll stick with that one.
  18. blink

blink Well-Known Member

Anyone have a link to the 3D gallery with a working camera button?
  19. blink

blink Well-Known Member

Nevermind, the one in the Market has it
  20. buxleyp

buxleyp Well-Known Member

+1. I was hoping the 2.2 update would add Picasa support to the native Gallery but no joy. For now I'll have to use the old 3D Gallery to pull my online Picasa albums.
  21. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

You can upload to picasa. But that is about it. They stuck Blur over everything. And they didn't add anything, but took Android features away. I just don't understand how a company can be so stupid.
  22. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

Did you do a factory reset after you updated?
  23. chammer

chammer Active Member

I did. However, maybe I'm asking too much from the phone now and need to delete some stuff. All my wallpapers are on the phone (105 folders / 1235 images).