1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

New Game / New developer

Last Updated:

1. RedRageGaming

RedRageGaming New Member This Topic's Starter

My game, "Amnesia - Chapter 0 - Awake" is a week old, average rating 4.2, 2,500 downloads and no techie issues.

Amnesia - Ch 0 is a mystery adventure game demo with old style point and click controls. I only started with Java in my spare time 6 months back, so go easy on me. It's pretty short, but it was more an experiment than a serious release.

Trying to guage whether sequel is worth doing, majority of ratings are 5 star, but downloads have started to nosedive. Any tips on how to promote would be most welcome.

If posting this here is bad etiquette, my bad, sorry I won't do it again.
    Screenshots below:

[​IMG]

http://s2.appbrain.com/screen?id=-7162893111327883479&i=2

Advertisement
  2. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

posting here i think is good so as to nform the community of new games, updates and releases :)

3. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

Just played it and it looks to be a solid start. Looking forward to the next installment. Hope there is one... :D

4. AlbertPucciani

AlbertPucciani Well-Known Member

Hi,

I downloaded your game and the start of it is very solid. To be honest I'm stuck though. I got all the memories. Found the key, got it stuck, tried to use the acetone, filled the bottle with water. I read the comments about a penny, and desk drawers. I'll try those.

I suggest making the pictures a little bigger, or using more contrast. I'm definitely interested in knowing how it ends, so I'll see it to the end.

About the downloads dipping off: I noticed with my own game that the downloads always spike on an update and dip off a few days later. Discussing with other developers we concluded that the only way to get noticed is to release frequent updates.

You might consider making a single game and updating it often with new chapters so that you gain attention.

I'll comment back more when I complete the game.

5. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member

Ok. I finished it but I didn't fond this key that everyone is talking about. Fun game. Hope you update soon.

6. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

The key was a little hard to see.

SPOILER!
    It's on the floor, IIRC.

7. WoodlawnTom

WoodlawnTom Member

Nice game!

8. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

One problem i noticed and maybe this is part of the "amnesia", but I was finding stuff(the key, etc), went to go do something in my real office, so I hit the button to turn off the screen, came back to the game and all the stuff I had found was gone.
    Is this just part of the game or.......

At first, the game looks 'cheesy' but soon you find out there is much more to it.

9. AlbertPucciani

AlbertPucciani Well-Known Member

Hey, nice game! My recommendation earlier still stands, keep updating Amnesia and including the next chapter in each update.

Also, I don't know if their is any easier way, but I had to resort to using Google on my computer to figure out the answer.

Any ways, nice game. Looking forward to a sequel.

10. RedRageGaming

RedRageGaming New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for all the feedback, it's really encouraging and I think I'll have a bash at least one sequel.

Regarding updates, my plan was to release future chapters as stand alone applications. That way I can cross reference each chapter and hopefully get more market coverage.

I am planning a minor update this weekend to include limited ads, on the info/instructions screen and right at the end. As a sweetner I've put a few screenshots of chapter one when you complete the game. Do you think this is reasonable or am I likely to get slaughtered for it?

As for the game, I hadn't noticed the phone sleep bug, it wasn't intentional. Thanks for pointing it out, ill fix it in a future update.

Happy for objects to be reasonably difficult to see as I don't want the game to be too easy. Some objects/paths are red herrings as I think this is an element lacking in this genre.

Thanks for all the encouragement, Ill let you know how my update goes!

11. corinthos

corinthos Active Member

I purchased Chapter 1, but can't find the phone that everyone's talking about. Where is it?