• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Gamefly app requires 1.6+, now I'm officially pissed

truelove79

Android Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2010
Peoria, IL
www.linnstreet.com
Ok, up until now I didn't really care when 2.1 came along as long as it did eventually. But now it's keeping me from installing an app I REALLY want. I love gamefly and have been begging them for an android app for a long time. Well I just got an e-mail this morning that they finally have an android app..........and it requires 1.6+. Come on Verizon, hurry up already!!! :(

I downloaded it just to download it. I wont use it ever. Just think its funny that I have it and you do not.

I realize you're trying to make me feel bad or something, but you must realize I could install 2.1 anytime I want. I actually choose not to.

Why don't you root and get a more recent firmware? Or complain to Gamefly for not supporting the most popular version of Android.

Even though I'm very technically inclined (I write embedded software for a living), I've never been one to do things like this. I don't mod or hack my game consoles, I don't root my phones. I don't know why, I just don't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones