• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Gardening App Idea

crazy8

Jun 13, 2011
Minnesota
I have never created an app and I am installing the SDK and all the other pieces I need to get started. I have come up with some ideas I have out of necessity and not finding an app that fits what I am looking for. I also feel that with the ideas I have, that this app could possibly bring this genre (gardening) of app to the next level, I hope. Anyway, I have noticed that with some of the gardening apps I have used, and have seed info, seem to have very thorough info. Naturally I wonder where they get it from other than just personal experience.

Is this info coming from a database somewhere online or is it info compiled by the developer and stored locally on the device?
I would think if you do either, that storing it locally on the device would be easier and faster.
If I were to copy some of the info (seed depth, row spacing, seed/plant info, etc.) from other apps or even sources online, would it be considered plagiarism or is it able to be copied since most of it is publicly available info?

Thank you all very much for your help

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones