• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new GB problem: gmail not pushing

carylev

May 14, 2010
was psyched to get the 4.08 GB update finally loaded up and thought the phone was fully operational, but noticed this weekend that gmail has not been pushing to my phone. if i refresh within the app i get new messages but they are not being pushed and ive missed several important messages. ive got all the appropriate synch options checked and everything else seems to be working well. anybody got an idea what's behind this? thanks guys!

was psyched to get the 4.08 GB update finally loaded up and thought the phone was fully operational, but noticed this weekend that gmail has not been pushing to my phone. if i refresh within the app i get new messages but they are not being pushed and ive missed several important messages. ive got all the appropriate synch options checked and everything else seems to be working well. anybody got an idea what's behind this? thanks guys!

Are you getting the low on space warning?

Upvote 0
What is GB? I am getting erroneous low storage warning (but plenty of internal and sd card storage, as well as memory), and gmail is no longer being pushed. What is going on? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Read page one and page twelve of the stickied thread at top of this forum about the low on space issue. that is why your emails are not being pushed

Upvote 0
Any updates? I have the same problem, done all of the above, syncs far a couple of days then quits and have to start over.

Oh and I don't have any low space warnings.

Ditto ... I first noticed the problem before the GB update when i updated the gmail app. It was an easy fix then, I just uninstalled the update and went back to whatever the original version was 2.2 or something. But of course after the GB update you can't roll back to the 2.2 version :(

Upvote 0
Been having a similar problem. For me, the phone stops giving me notifications overnight while it's on the charger. My original solution was to uninstall Gmail updates then reinstall them. It rebuilds and re-syncs your mail and that would work for a few days, until it would happen again.

I tried the suggestion from CJPalermo21 above instead, and so far so good, so we'll see if that works permanently.

I remember this issue would also happen because of the low space GB bug, but the update solved that, so it must be something else.

Upvote 0
gmail not pushing after last GB OTA update. No low space warning, just not pushing. tried to uncheck syncing and reboot the phone.... it fixed it for a few days, but now its not working again.

i noticed i didnt get anyemails last night, and i had 44 after manual sync. this is starting to piss me off.

on an odd note, my 1st alarm in the alramclock feature no longer works. its set for 5:00am m-f and it will not sound off. i had to set the thrid alarm for 5:05am as a backup and it luckily works ...weird

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones