• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New gmail Android Ap release 2.2

cyberpine

Jun 14, 2010
I'm on the new Samsung Epic which is still on Android 2.1 so I can't download the new gmail, but does anybody know...

Will the new client support selecting from your multiple configured From addresses like the browser client does?

Perhaps I missed it, but my version does not allow for this. It's a big deal I think.

It's even worse than I thought.

I have a google account that I use to get all my personal and business emails. Basically three 3 mail accounts in one - two under a non gmail domain, but not using their own smtp. They have this wonderful web client feature that allows you to send email by a those secondary emails as a default and also to select them on the fly. All of this worked seamlessly on my blackberry curve.

On the android, i can't select which one to default as or which one on the fly. It apparently must be the primary gmail account. :( and it's not observing anything in my google account settings regarding send as settings.

Not sure what's going on.. but just yesterday I was able to at least create google email push account on my android using Exchage via these steps below. I now just get an endless loading message, even if I use the main gmail account?

***8226;Gmail Exchange ActiveSync server address: m.google.com
***8226;Gmail Exchange ActiveSync domain: google
***8226;Gmail Exchange ActiveSync user name: Your full Gmail address (e.g. me@gmail.com)
***8226;Gmail Exchange ActiveSync password: Your Gmail password
***8226;Gmail Exchange ActiveSync TLS/SSL required: yes
You can also access Gmail using POP3 or IMAP, and send using SMTP.

So I had to let it recreate a gmail mail account on the EPIC for me and it used SMTP. so I have that 30 minute Get delay.

What's changed? The only thing I did was make one of those non gmail accounts my default send as email from the web client. Doubt that's why. I still think it's not going to let me create an external email account using Exchage as follows google\me@mydomain.com

I'd like to start a seperate thread just for that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones