New Guy - BRICKED MY PHONE T.T

Last Updated:

1. cmloperfido

cmloperfido New Member This Topic's Starter

I am very new to the Android scene and so far I was loving everything my Incredible can do. But, I wanted to take it further. So I rooted my phone using UNREVOKED and installed some programs to manage my cpu. I downloaded Titanium Backup and used it to uninstall skype and amazon mp3, but did not have a chance to actually backup my phone.

Went to restart and now my phone is a paper weight. It will get to a white screen and you can hear the droid logo, but then it just power cycles.

Here is a link to a video of me demonstrating whats happening -
    YouTube - Droid Incredible Paper Weight

PLEASE HELP!!!

Also I do understand some technical jargon, but I would appreciate a simplified and maybe step by step process for recovery.

THANKS FOR READING!!

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Thread moved to the Incredible root area for you, cmloperfido.

3. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

i would just flash a new rom, but thats just me.

4. cmloperfido

cmloperfido New Member This Topic's Starter

alright so i got virtuous downloaded and restoring as we speak.

great now it stops at the red eye loadup screen. any suggestions? edit: ok phone loaded all the way through. now what?

does this mean my phone is still rooted?
    will i lose files?
    what exactly does running the rom do?

5. biohazard989

biohazard989 Active Member

1. yes your phone is still rooted.

2. what files? pictures if you choose to save them to a sd card then no, apps yes unless you have a titanium backup setup, contacts if you synced them to google or put them on your sd card you can restore.

3. a rom is pretty much an OS from what i understand in reading. either something got screwed up in the process of loading a rom to make it bootloop or a step was missed. this is why creating a backup is so important because if something happens you can always fix it.

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

You're fine. Welcome to the wonderful world of flashing ROMs whether you wanted it yet or not. :D

Now do a Nandroid backup via Clockwork to give yourself a baseline point to return to.

7. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

+1 and also make a back up of your apps with Titanium Backup so you dont need to set it all up once you try and flash the many different roms out there. you can make backup's of everything its awesome.