New guy here....few questions

Last Updated:

1. nmcgrawj

nmcgrawj Member This Topic's Starter

So i just came to the dark side...used to have an iphone. Had it for years. Did the whole "jailbreak" thing.

Is that essentially what "root" is in the droid world? And Universal Androot has a "root" button and a "unroot" button.....but i read that a lot of people say u cant reverse it? Back when i had my iphone i could simply restore it to get rid of the jailbroken evidence if i ever had warranty issues and had to take it in.

Im sure i'll have a lot more questions! I've been reading on this forum for a few days...figured i'd join and make a thread.

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to the bright side of the street.

Root is the same as jail breaking and can be undone again by using Sony update service. If you are going that way have a good look thru all the guides here and also over at XDA developers.

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to the bright side of the street.

Root is the same as jail breaking and can be undone again by using Sony update service. If you are going that way have a good look thru all the guides here and also over at XDA developers.

FGofFDC likes this.
  4. niles

niles Active Member

I un-rooted my phone by running step 1 of the XDA guide, then i just use SEUS to update it.

5. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

this is all just way toooooo confusing. im not tech savvy at all lol

6. FGofFDC

FGofFDC Member

I would like to learn the rooting and unrooting...backing up my phone and all the perks to my phone. I want to unleash the beast within. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

7. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Ask again in a few days, considering we are in the 12th hour of getting 2.1. You could have a read of this in the meantime - NEW GUY. what is rooting please?

8. FGofFDC

FGofFDC Member

cool I will wait and hope that the 2.1 ver. can help me with my phone thanks for the info.