• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New guy here. Question about hard reset.

Dbellina

Lurker
Oct 7, 2011
I've read some things posted on here and I haven't really found an up to date answer. I'm having trouble with connecting to wifi and VZW tech wants me to preform a hard reset on my TB.

My question is whether I will lose progress in certain games or lose any data I had stored in certain apps. I'm not talking about paid apps, I know that's stored in the cloud. I mean stuff like my Angry Birds progress, 9 innings baseball roster, Dungeon Defenders progress, etc, etc.

It may be dumb, but it took me a darn long time to get where I have on these games! So if anyone here knows an app, or process, or has some tips on what I can do to keep all my data, please let me know.

I heard that saving to my SD may help, but I haven't tried it yet. Thanks if anyone can provide a solution.

Also, I don't have a rooted phone.

you will loose all that data.
game saves are gone, log-in information is gone.

you may also want to make sure all your contacts are backed up to your google account as that will make the whole reset procedure much easier.

once you sign in, all your apps (including non paid) should start downloading again on their own, but you wont have the saves/progress to go with those downloads.

if you want to save/backup text messages, i highly suggest "sms backup and restore" from the market, it works great.

you may want to check into some application backup apps, but the only ones i know of require root access.

Reactions: Dbellina
Upvote 0
There are some apps for game backup (I know there's one for Angry Birds progress)..there may be others for other games too. Try a google search for like, Dungeon Defenders backup, or similar. May help.

Do agree though, somewhat, that it'd be nice if they saved that data somewhere..or at least if app devs had ways to add it as an option "Save Game Data to SD card"

Upvote 0
Some apps save data to the SD, some save data info in the cloud so to speak. Dungeon defenders is a MMO IIRC if that is the case then they should have the data on a server not stored on your phone.

Saving your purchases tied to your account is one thing, game progress for every person would take a massive amount of data, not to mention how long is the data stored if someone quits playing. It would be the devs responsibility to have a way to save data to the SD or to a cloud server, or you can root and backup your data to your SD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones