• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New guy with an Ally

gutted

Jun 21, 2010
Boston
I finally bit the bullet and got a smartphone. I lurked on here for a while and decided I definitely wanted a Droid (I have VZW which I wasn't leaving, so it was either Droid, Palm or BB... which was quickly narrowed down to Droid or BB).

With my new every 2 I got the Ally for free. I love this freaking phone. I love the phone itself and I love the Droid OS. My laptop is barely used now since I got this phone. I'm having fun with the phone and I don't think I truly know what it's capable of yet (I've had it less than a week).

Welcome! Did you check this forum out? .. LG Ally - Android Forums ?

Glad you registered!

I did check that out, thanks. I browsed this site a good bit before I finally ordered the phone.

The absolute only thing I miss about my old phone is that it was a Boulder, so it was pretty much indestructible. I need to get a Pelican case (or similar) for mountain biking and snowboarding!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones