New [happy] HTC Desire owner

Last Updated:

1. Petemate

Petemate New Member This Topic's Starter

Evenin' all ... from the land down under!:)

I'm a happy chappy now that I have my new "iDESIREaREALPHONE", and after a couple of days checking it out, thought it a good time to see what those of you with plenty of knowledge, might be able to pass on to me as a newbie!:D

Have been keen for some time now, and have been reading as many reviews as possible from both the official sources, and likewise the many end-users. It would seem this is a very popular unit (as I had imagined it to be), with very few flaws or negative comment from those in the know.

I'll take a little time now and breeze through your site, and will keep in mind that many out there will possible already know answers to any questions that may arise during my next few weeks, and so will take the opportunity to make a post.

Thank you all .... ;)

Advertisement
  2. billbonza

billbonza Member

well, for battery life download the apn on/off switch from the market, disable roaming - you dont need it and install advanced task killer. you may also want to install AdFree, which disables ads from free apps, though there is an ethical question there. install opera mini browser and then root it. I did my desire a couple of days ago. well worth it, but read the usual disclaimers about warranty stuff and bricking your phone.

Petemate likes this.
  3. Petemate

Petemate New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks billbonza ... a little spare time over this next few days, and I'll be checking into any of the tips I can find that will make for a better overall experience! Adding to battery life is always going to be a winner! I'll check out your other suggestions as well! Cheers ...

4. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

HTC Desire - Android Forums

Come post at the Desire forums, there are a bunch of awesome people there who can give you great advice about the phone :)

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums!

6. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums!

7. HTC-Fandroid

HTC-Fandroid Well-Known Member

Hi mate and Welcome aboard. :)

HTC-F

8. PaulMcCartney

PaulMcCartney Well-Known Member

Hi there!

Welcome to AF! We hope you enjoy your stay. :)