New hboot for 2.1 leaksGeneral

Last Updated:

1. akillys

akillys Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been messing with my eris. I held the power and send button and as usual it checked the leak file and asked if I wanted to update. At this time I noticed a list from one to four., one thing that was listed was bootloader and another was hboot
    My question would there be a way to get into the 2.1 leak file and some how switch the hboot and bootloader in it with the hboot and bootloader that is on the official ota file or some other jnoot or bootloader. Then convert it back to a zip file and reinstalling it like out was a v4 leak. Sorry if this was a stupid post but just trying to help leak users or devs brainstorm a little

Advertisement
  2. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

I believe someone said they could change the hboot but I haven't seen anything about it. I'm not sure, you'll have to ask the Devs.

3. trdawson

trdawson New Member

I've deemed that idea as impossible. Mainly because HTC signed the update files (i.e. PB00IMG.zip).

Even if you try Auto Signing them,
    HTML:
    1. http://androidforums.com/developer-101/8665-how-signing-roms.html
    It doesn't work; unless it's you're own personal ROM. And I mean the ROMs like the one's developers make if their phone is already rooted.

Otherwise, root for the 2.1 leak would be a done deal.

4. false_apology

false_apology Well-Known Member

The zipped ROM must be digitally signed with HTCs private keys or the phone will not process it. Even changing a single file would break the signature. So your idea would not work, unfortunately.

5. akillys

I would try it my self but im kind of new to this. That and my knowledge on this is limited I just hope this helps some one a little more knowledgeable figure out a way to root the leak. if some one decides to try it let me know how it goes.

6. akillys

would there be a way to make the new hboot look like the old hboot so that it wouldnt breakthe signature. or hack the code, or make it into a totally new homer brewd rom that would run on the current hboot and allow us to root. Again I may sound unknowledgeable.