• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEW headphone problem

Alright... Search Nazis beware: I've looked and could not find an answer to the question of how to solve the problem I'm currently having with my G1...

I bought online the HTC adapter for headphones/charger and such (see here). I've downloaded "ToggleHeadset" and put the widget on my screen so that I can toggle my headset to be on/off. Now when I plug in the headset, the phone definitely recognizes it because the ToggleHeadset icon does this thing where it changes to look like sound is coming out of the speakers, and when I unplug it goes away. Also when music is playing and I unplug the headset, the music pauses.

The issue is that when the headset is plugged in, the music continues to play through the speakers and not the headset.

I've tried a hard reset and used 4 different sets of earbuds/heaphones so any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones