• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New here, green screen issues

Not sure if this is the right area to post this, sorry if it's not.

Have had my Samsung Captivate for about a year and a half. Recently switched cell providers and have only used the phone as an mp3 player. I rooted the phone, not sure which root I put on it now(I did this about 4 months ago). The phone worked fine after the root, then I quit using it for a few months, until recently. My sister who is on AT&T broke her phone and I gave her my Captivate to use. She used it a few days, then all of a sudden the screen went completely green when she turned it on one day. She thinks it may be a battery issue(since the phone sat for a few months with no one using it). And I thought it may be an issue since I rooted the phone(though it worked fine for me after I rooted it).

I would post a picture of what it's doing exactly, but I can't since I'm new. The phone boots up to a scrambled green screen(doesn't even show the Samsung screen when it boots) and I cannot see anything on it to change any settings or root it to another version of Android. Any help would be appreciated with this, I would still like to use the phone as an mp3 player if possible. Thanks.

A friend of mine just suggested that it could be a lose connection between the cpu and the display. Doubt that's fixable if it is. Going to try and post a link to it and see if it works.

greenscreen.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones