new here- need to manage my downlaods

Last Updated:

1. mrs dj doe

mrs dj doe Member This Topic's Starter

MOTOROLA DROID:

looked around, and cant find similar questions to avoid re-posting.....

so here it goes,

on my downloads, i cant find a way to store them INTO my phone ( I CAN VIEW THEM), the way i view them through my browser, then pressing the "menu" button, and then "more" and then "downloads", and i view them like that, i also need to know how to rename them. I cant figure this out,....im NOT talking about my apps or widgets, when i say downloads, i mean ACTUAL downloads, im really wanting to pull mt hair out here. I tried going through my computer, and creating a folder to drag and drop into a new folder for easier access, but apparently i cant create a folder that i can put on my home screen of my droid. I hope this post made sense, as i can really use some suggestions for this.

Thanks for your time......

p.s.,
    after reading i see i may not have been as clear as i need to be, i want to be able to put them into a folder on my homescreen and have them be viewable at my fingertips, instead of having to go through all those steps, my husband says im just being spoiled and to stop being lazy, :p

but im SURE there HAS GOT TO BE WAY.

Advertisement
  2. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member

I dont know about the desktop thing but go ahead and download "astro file manager" it works just like Windows Explorer and lets you view folders and files. There will be a folder called downloads and thats the default for saved files.

mrs dj doe likes this.
  3. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

I don't think you can do what you want to. Astro or another file manager is probably the closest you'll get.

mrs dj doe likes this.
  4. mrs dj doe

damn, you totally broke my heart..... i did the whole astro thing, and i can see how its helpful, but not what im looking for, spent 45 mins trying to move the files, which i did, but i cant create the shortcut im looking for,. . . . . . . . .

5. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

when you long press on the photo you want to save, are you pressing 'save photo' or are you pressing 'save url'? Some sites will lock their content so it cannot be directly saved, as I relearned yesterday while adding some pics.

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

This isn't Windows. You can't create shortcuts on your desktop to files on your sdcard. But you can save bookmarks in ASTRO. That's about as close as it gets.

mrs dj doe likes this.
  7. mrs dj doe

Hi, actually its not a photo, I think photos would be pretty simple, im trying to save files, I know I can save them cause I see them in my downloads, and I can even open them, but I thought I could create a folder then put them into there, but I guess not, thanks everyone for your help, but ive come to think, its-in-fact not possible....thanks anyways